The 10 best places to visit in U.S. in October cover the country. California and the Deep South still offers warm weather in October and the leaves begin to change color and fall in the Midwest and the East during October. October travel offers a time for people to avoid the crowds. With kids going back to school and college students off the travel path, October travel is less crowded. The rates also are also usually discounted for travelers.
- Honolulu, Hawaii. Hawaii offers sandy beaches and an even climate in October. The rainy season usually begins a few months later, so an early autumn visit brings a warm visit but without any excess rain. The Weather Channel reports the temps for Honolulu in the mid-80s for daytime highs. Perfect for sunning, surfing and beach going.
- Malibu, California. Malibu can be cool and chilly by the beach during October evenings, but the daylight hours offer a warm sun. The summer crowd has left the beaches and the area is one of the ten best places to visit in the U.S. in October. Grab a seat at the beach restaurants and bars without waiting in line. Take a walk, especially during the weekdays, along an empty beach during October. Be prepared for some hot days, however, if Santa Ana winds descend on the beach area. This is a frequent event early in October.
- Chicago, Illinois. Chicago is cool in October, and not just the crisp air coming off Lake Michigan. The city hosts a load of Oktoberfests in neighborhood bars and city parks. The leaves on the trees are changing and late in October, you'll find piles of multicolor gems. The lake temperature keeps the city warm during the daylight hours.
- Fairbanks, Alaska. The last cruise ships are heading to Alaska in October and the rates are less than summer tours when kids are out of school and people are focused on vacationing.
- Orlando, Florida. The Gulf Coast of Florida makes the perfect U.S. location for warm weather seekers during the month of October. The temps are cooler in October and the kids are back in school. Disney World and EPCOT are the best place to visit in the U.S. in October when the parks are less crowded.
- New Orleans, Louisiana. The weather in the Crescent City is perfect during the day and night in October. One of the best places to visit in the U.S. in any season, the Big Easy in October offers temps in the mid-80s during the days, according to the Weather Channel folks. Perfect for walking down Bourbon Street with a Hurricane in each hand.
- Austin, Texas. The state offers October guests a chance to see the ACL music festival in Austin. The cooler fall weather gives visitors a chance to explore the outdoors around the city.
- Indianapolis, Indiana. Indy offers October guests more Oktoberfest action and a host of local parades. An October visit to the city offers a trip to one of the country's largest county fairs and an art festival in the Broad Ripple neighborhood.
- Dayton, Ohio. Dayton's in the southern part of Ohio so October daytime temps are still warm. Oktoberfest is also going strong during October and the college action in the city's bars and restaurants is in full force.
- Woodstock, New York. Woodstock in November brings the fall colors and less tourists than the summer season. October in Woodstock is the time for the Dutchess County Fair and art exhibits at the various studios in town.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?