The ten best Playboy girls have always found a way to parlay their success in the magazine with work in the entertainment business. Some became major movie stars, others married rock stars, and some even starred on “Baywatch.” Regardless of their career choices, one thing remains constant. These Playboy girls remain some of the most beautiful women to grace the cover of any magazine.
- Marilyn Monroe – Marilyn Monroe appeared on the cover of “Playboy” magazine's debut issue in December 1953. While Monroe passed away nine years later, she remains one of the most iconic and beautiful women to ever grace the pages of “Playboy.” The icon starred in movies such as “The Asphalt Jungle” and “All About Eve” while remaining linked to President John Kennedy.
- Pamela Anderson – Pamela Anderson appeared as a Playboy girl for the first time as Miss February 1980. Since that appearance in "Playboy," she starred in the television series “Baywatch” and movies like “Barb Wire.” She has appeared on nine “Playboy” covers while being romantically linked to Kid Rock, Bret Michaels, Scott Baio and Tommy Lee.
- Jenny McCarthy – Jenny McCarthy earned the title of Miss October 1993 and rivals only Pamela Anderson as the most successful modern Playboy girl. The former playmate has appeared on television (“In the Motherhood”), in movies (“BASEketball”) and has even published her own books (“Belly Laughs”). She also works hard for the charitable cause of autism research.
- Carmen Electra – Carmen Electra parlayed her playmate celebrity into a career as a successful fitness spokesperson. She married rock star Dave Navarro and has made appearances in a number of movies. She has also appeared in movies such as “Epic Movie,” “Disaster Movie” and “Meet the Spartans,” but maybe that’s better left unsaid.
- Kim Kardashian – Kim Kardashian is easily the wealthiest Playboy girl on this list. While Kardashian may only be famous because of her assets, she has parlayed that publicity into quite a surprising career. After her appearance in “Playboy” in December 2007, she started her own empire. She remains a reality show star while dating high profile athletes.
- Erica Eleniak – Pamela Anderson is not the only Playboy girl to go from the pages of the magazine to the beaches of “Baywatch.” Erika Eleniak spoke in detail in her pictorial about shooting the pilot of the series before it was ever aired. She played the role until Anderson was hired to replace her in 1992. That same year, she co-starred in the Steven Segal action flick “Under Siege.”
- Donna D'Errico – Donna D’Errico is yet another Playboy girl to star on “Baywatch.” She originally appeared as Miss September 1995 and appeared on both “Baywatch” and “Baywatch Nights.” She remains an actress, albeit in small roles in movies such as “Goldmember” and “Candyman: Day of the Dead.”
- Dita Von Teese – The former Mrs. Marilyn Mason appeared as a Playboy girl in 1999, 2001 and 2002. Von Teese is a fetish model with an interesting classic pinup look. People also know her for her burlesque shows which she has been involved in since 1990. She remains a large draw in Europe.
- Petra Verkaik – Petra Verkaik made her first appearance as a Playboy girl as Miss December 1989. She went on to make guest appearances on various movies and television shows including “Married.. with Children” and “Love Potion No. 9.” She recently made a return appearance to "Playboy" with a pictorial in the March 2010 issue, over twenty years after her debut.
- Sara Underwood – Sara Underwood was Miss July 2006 and eventually won Playmate of the Year. She also earned the place of No. 25 on “Playboy’s” 25 hottest celebrities list. Underwood seems to be following in Carmen Electra’s recent footsteps with appearances in movies like “Epic Movie” and “House Bunny.”
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.