Choosing the 10 best Playmate centerfolds is a thankless job. No matter which ten are chosen, someone is going to be unhappy that their favorite was left out. The magazine is a fixture these days, and editor Hugh Hefner still has a hand in choosing each and every playmate. Here are the ten best Playmate centerfolds from over 50 years of Playboy.
- Donna D'Errico. This gorgeous blond was the Playmate of the Month in September of 1995. Apart from her spread in Playboy, she's also famous for playing the part of on the shows Baywatch and Baywatch Nights.
- Marian Stafford. Marian was the March 1956 Playmate, and was the first centerfold to feature a foldout page, setting the standard for all future centerfolds.
- Victoria Zdrok. Another beautiful blond, Victoria was the Playmate centerfold in October 1994. She was also chosen by rival magazine Penthouse as their Pet of the year in 2004. Not content with simply being a pin-up girl, Zdrok received a B.A. from West Chester University at the age of eighteen. She also has a law degree and a Ph. D. in clinical psychology.
- Jenny McCarthy. Jenny was the Playmate centerfold for October 1993, and Playmate of the Year in 1994. She's gone on to have success in movies and television. She became an activist for autism awareness after her son Evan was diagnosed with the syndrome.
- Anna Nicole Smith .Anna Nicole was the Playmate centerfold in May 1992 and was chosen as Playmate of the Year in 1993. Her appearance in Playboy catapulted her to fame and she had various lucrative modeling jobs, including Guess Jeans. She became a household name after starring in her own reality television show. Her life was tragically cut short by an accidental overdose in 2007.
- Shannon Tweed. Shannon, best known these days for being rocker Gene Simmon's significant other, was Playmate centerfold in November 1981 and Playmate of the Year in 1982. She's had a busy acting career, both on television and in the movies.
- Bettie Page. Bettie already had a career posing for camera clubs and fetish pictures before she was published as a Playboy centerfold model in January of 1955.
- Jayne Mansfield. Jayne Mansfield made her centerfold appearance in February of 1955. She had a successful acting career, and won a Golden Globe for New Star of the Year – Actress in 1957. She was killed in a car accident at the age of 34.
- Pamela Anderson. Pamela was the Playmate of the month in February 1990. She's had a long history with Playboy, and has made more cover appearances than any other model—eleven times. She's well known for her roles on the hit TV shows Home Improvement and Baywatch.
- Marilyn Monroe. Marilyn was featured on the cover of the first issue Playboy magazine in December of 1953. The issue also features a nude shot which had been taken earlier for use in a calendar.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.