Can you guess the ten best pop albums of the '90s? The controversial music decade produced a variety of diverse music styles, introducing grunge, hip-hop, country pop, boy bands and more. While everyone has opinions and favorites, the following pop albums were hands-down the top sellers of the 1990s.
- “Come On Over.” Shania Twain’s 1997 release, “Come On Over,” was the best-selling pop album of the 1990s. Girl-power themes and dance-pop elements gave this Canadian musician, a country pop superstar, more than 22 million sales.
- “The Bodyguard: The Original Soundtrack Album.” “The Bodyguard: The Original Soundtrack Album” includes a number of songs by American pop singer, Whitney Houston. This 1992 release was a watershed for soundtracks. Featuring the popular single, “I Will Always Love You,” it sold more than nineteen million copies.
- “Jagged Little Pill.” “Jagged Little Pill” is a 1995 pop-rock album from Alanis Morisette, a Canadian musician. Her personal lyrics and unique vocals made this one of the best albums of the 1990s. Selling nineteen million copies, it almost ties the Whitney Houston “Bodyguard” soundtrack album.
- “Cracked Rear View.” “Cracked Rear View” is a 1994 album from Hootie and the Blowfish, an American pop-rock band that enjoyed huge success in the late 1990s. Their rich, bluesy sounds sold more than sixteen million copies of this popular album.
- “Backstreet Boys.” “Backstreet Boys” is the self-titled debut album from the Florida-based boy band. Following the success of New Kids on the Block, the Backstreet Boys became the most popular boy band ever. Their 1997 album sold more than fourteen million albums.
- “Baby One More Time.” Britney Spears released her first album, “Baby One More Time,” in 1999. The title song was an instant hit single for the pop princess. Her debut album sold nearly fourteen million copies.
- “Millennium.” “Millennium” is the second Backstreet Boys album to make the top ten list for 1990s pop albums. The 1999 release was a follow-up to their best-selling debut album. This album was good for more than thirteen million sales.
- “Falling Into You.” “Falling Into You” is Celine Dion’s breakthrough album. The album became one of the best-selling pop albums in history, selling a little over thirteen million copies. The album gave the Canadian singer a number of music awards and garnered praise from critics and fans alike.
- “Woman In Me.” “Woman In Me” is another hit album from Shania Twain. The album crossed over into pop-rock territory with a number of country-flavored pop music arrangements. Twain sold more than twelve million copies of this 1995 album.
- “Music Box.” “Music Box” is a 1993 album from Mariah Carey, once called “America’s sweetheart for the 1990s.” Her pretty face, voice and personality gave fans songs rich with big notes and equally big emotions. “Music Box” had 11.5 million sales.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.