If everyone made their own list of the 10 best pop love songs, there would probably be no two alike. After all, each one of us is affected differently by the lyrics and melody. There so many songs to consider, but it would be hard to deny that those displayed here are great. Though listed one through ten, these pop love songs are in no particular order.
- "I Will Always Love You." One of the most beautiful pop love songs, this was written and performed by Dolly Parton. It was also a big hit for Whitney Houston.
- "Love Me Tender." Written by Ken Darby (though not accredited to him) and performed by Elvis Presley, this was also the title song for Elvis' first movie.
- "You Are So Beautiful." Joe Cocker earned a place on the ten best pop love songs with his version of this song. It was written by Billy Preston, Bruce Fisher and Dennis Wilson.
- "I Just Called to Say I Love You." Written and performed by Stevie Wonder, it was produced by Lionel Ritchie and went to number one the U.S. charts. It conveys how just calling someone to express love can brighten up his or her day.
- "When a Man Loves a Woman." Written by Calvin Lewis and Andrew Wright, this song has been covered by many artists. The version by Michael Bolton may be the most remembered one.
- "How Am I Supposed to Live Without You?" Pop love songs are not always happy songs. This was co-written and made a big hit by Michael Bolton. First released by Laura Branigan, it hit number twelve on the Hot 100 charts in the 1983.
- "Let's Get it On." Written by and a big hit for Marvin Gaye, this song is about a man wanting to be intimate with his partner.
- "(They Long to Be) Close to You." Written by Burt Bacharach and Hal David. A big hit for the Carpenters in 1970, evidently in this song even the birds want to be close to Karen Carpenter's man.
- "Ain't No Mountain High Enough." Written by Nickolas Ashford and Valerie Simpson. A memorable hit for Diana Ross, she makes the claim that nothing can stop her from getting to her man, not even a mountain.
- "Something." Written by George Harrison and performed by the Beatles—you could not have a list of the ten best pop love songs without including this one. It is number one on many lists. There is just something about the woman about whom he is singing; something in the way she moves, something in the way she smiles, and even something in the way she knows this man loves her.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!