With the many pop singers that have delighted us for decades, it's hard to choose the 10 best pop singers. However, here are the overall best pop singers whose voices and musical styles are sure to delight you. Read on to see if you agree with these picks from my observations and education on music through the years. Sources are cited at the bottom of the article.
Michael Jackson will top most lists of the best pop singers. He was the King of Pop, 'nuff said. He broke records and barriers and rose to great success, as he suffered unimaginable setbacks. When all is said and done, his pop songs are unbeatable. He is the most famous and infamous pop singer of all time.
- Madonna is a pop singer that has transcended tradition and remains a force in pop music after almost 30 years into her career. From her dance club debut to touring well into her '50s, there seems to be little in the pop music world that Madonna can't do.
- Beyonce Knowles is a pop singer to reckon with, on the heels of her runaway video hit, "Single Ladies." She started her career as part of the girl group Destiny's Child, which had many #1 hits, including "Independent Women." She's one of the most popular and successful pop singers, whether solo or as part of group.
- Olivia Newton-John has achieved over 40 years of musical success. She has seen success in all kinds of genres, but pop music is what she is most known as singing. From the hits from her musicals like "Grease" and "Xanadu" to the groundbreaking album "Physical," Olivia is a pop music queen.
- George Michael will probably be immortalized in the pop music world for hits like "Faith" and "Father Figure." Although he is a pop music icon of the 1980's, he remains a performer of great pop songs, and he continues to evolve his musical style, while remaining true to the hits that made him famous.
- Celine Dion is another iconic pop singer. She is known for her pop ballads and love songs, including "My Heart Will Go On" from "Titanic." She played a wildly successful show in Las Vegas for years, and she continues to be known as a pop star and singer all over the world.
- Karen Carpenter, the lead singer of the Carpenters, deserves to be honored as one of the greatest pop singers of all time. Her life was cut short when she was only 32 after years of struggling with anorexia. Her voice was haunting. Although very young when it debuted to the world, there was always something a bit deep and different, even in such exuberant tunes as "Top of the World."
- Justin Timberlake is another pop singer who got his start as part of a pop group. He sang with 'N Sync since their debut in the 1990s. He was an instant success with his debut album, and his hit singles like "Cry Me a River" and "What Goes Around" have an enduring popularity.
- Carly Simon is a pop singer whose music has been heard for decades. She's a singer that's still relevant and important. From getting honored in movies like "Little Black Book" to her collaboration with Janet Jackson, she's a successful pop singer with songs that are timeless to her credit.
- Britney Spears is a pop singer with so many hits that she had a "Best of…" album released in her early twenties. She started her career as a child star on "The Mickey Mouse Club," for which I was a dancer. I remember seeing her skipping around the set with Christina Aguilera. She has gone far in her career, and her hits include "Toxic" and "Baby One More Time."
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …