Looking for the 10 best post breakup movies? Watching movies are one of the best coping techniques after a breakup. They offer a nice distraction during that time when being out and about just isn't appealing. While most of these post breakup movies are romantic comedies, there is a lesson that can be learned from each and every one of them.
- "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" is the ultimate breakup movie. When Joel finds out that his ex, Clementine, had him erased from her memory, he decides to undergo the same procedure. While he is undergoing the process and she is being removed from his memories, he realizes how much he still cares for her.
- "10 Things I Hate About You" "10 Things I Hate About You" is a modernized version of Shakespeare's "The Taming of the Shrew." What starts off as a business arrangement turns into romance for "shrew" Kat and the guy who was paid to date her, Patrick. They inevitably fall for one another and learn some lessons about love along the way.
- "The Notebook" "The Notebook" is a good post breakup movie. It's a romance that's about an old man reading a story to a woman in a nursing home about two lovers named Noah and Allie. They're from different social classes, which eventually drives them apart for several years. Finally, Allie has to make a choice between her fiance and her first love.
- "Cruel Intentions" "Cruel Intentions" is about wealthy New York teens, Kathryn and Sebastian, who make a bet as to whether Sebastian can bed infamous virgin Annette before the end of summer. What Sebastian doesn't count on is actually falling for Annette.
- "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days" "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days" is a romantic comedy about a man and woman who become involved, but what they don't know is that they both have different results in mind for the outcome. Ben makes a bet that he can make any woman fall in love with him in ten days, while Andie is writing an article for her magazine entitled "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days." They meet in a bar shortly thereafter and both scheme to set their plan in motion.
- "A Walk to Remember" "A Walk to Remember" is about two teens who form an unlikely relationship despite the odds. Landon is forced to participate in community service activities. When he decides to take his punishment seriously, he begins spending time with Jamie. They form a relationship and a heartbreaking secret comes to light.
- "Along Came Polly" "Along Came Polly" is a romantic comedy about two former schoolmates who bump into each other. Reuban is a newlywed, whose wife cheated on him and left him while they were on their honeymoon. He then bumps into Polly, who shows him who to loosen up and enjoy life.
- "Something's Gotta Give" "Something's Gotta Give" is another romantic comedy, but it's still an option to consider when looking for a post breakup movie to watch. An older man has a taste for younger women and has a heart attack at the beach house belonging to his girlfriend's mother, Erica. Since traveling won't be permitted, he is left in the care of Erica and his doctor. He realizes that he has fallen for Erica and must make some changes in his lifestyle.
- "Bridges of Madison County" "Bridges of Madison County" is a timeless romantic movie about a short lived romance that changed the life of a woman forever. Francesca has an unexpected love affair with Robert Kincaid while her husband and children are away.
- "Over Her Dead Body" "Over Her Dead Body" is about a grieving man who lost his fiance on he day they were supposed to marry. His sister suggests he use a psychic to contact his dead ex so he can get over her and move on. While he and the psychic begin to fall for one another, the ghost of the man's ex returns to put a stop to this budding romance.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?