10 Best Power Ballads Ever
The ten best power ballads ever cover a world of subjects but all revolve around love. These slow, but rocking songs have found themselves on the charts since the dawn of rock n roll. Put on these tunes the next time you and your lady share a moment.
- "Home Sweet Home" - Motley Crue. In the 1980's, Crue was rocking stadiums full of fans with their heavy metal tunes. They make the list of best power ballads for the song drummer Tommy Lee wrote to his then wife Heather Locklear. The tenderhearted ballad told the story of finishing a tour and heading home to the one he loved.
- "Is This Love" - White Snake. This entry on the list of best power ballads is a song about the real life relationship between David Coverdale and Tawny Kaiten. The song wonders if Coverdale is really in love with the lady, or just taken in by her charms.
- "Open Arms" - This huge 1980's hit makes the list of best power ballads. The song tenderly tells of a musician coming home from tour to his loving wife.
- "November Rain" - Guns n Roses. This haunting tune makes the list of best power ballads. The rumor surrounding the song is that the content is based on singer Axl Rose losing his unborn child with Erin Everly.
- "I Remember You" - Skid Row. The sweet song of lost love makes the list of best power ballads. The line "love letters in the sand" spawned a trend of writing notes on the beach to your loved one when the song was on the charts.
- "Beth" - Kiss. This song was a big change of pace for the hard rock band and makes the list of best power ballads. The song tells of a man torn between playing with his band and being at home with his lady.
- "Sister Christian" - Night Ranger. This odd addition to the list of best power ballads is the story of a young girl coming into womanhood. The strange lyrics didn't make sense, but fans sang along anyway.
- "Love Song" - Tesla. A mushy song from a rocking band makes the list of best power ballads. The lyrics are a pure dedication to love and how it surrounds someone.
- "With Arms Wide Open" - Creed. The band known for their tender songs comes in 9th on the list of best power ballads. The song tells of a man discovering he is going to be a father for the first time.
- "I'll Be There for You" - Bon Jovi. This song of eternal commitment rounds out the list of best power ballads. It tells the story of a man who has missed out on his child's birthdays and other events, but promises to make-up for his wrong doings.