Punk rock fans will agree that everyone has a different list of the 10 best punk bands of all time. Some punk bands will never grow old and always resonate among a group of young and old fans. While your top ten may vary, below is a list of 10 of the best punk bands to strike a beat and catchy lyrics since punk rock debuted as its own genre.
- The Ramones The Ramones began producing signature short, loud and fast rock songs in 1974. One of the first punk rock bands to pave the way for hundreds of more, the Ramones wrote and composed many hit songs, including “I Wanna Be Sedated,” “Blitzkrieg Bop,” and “California Sun”.
- The Sex Pistols Formed in 1975, the English, London-founded punk band known as The Sex Pistols helped inspire many future punk and alternative bands famous today. Famous Sex Pistols songs include “(I’m Not Your) Stepping Stone,” “Holidays in the Sun,” and “God Save the Queen”.
- Bad Religion Founded in America, the punk band Bad Religion started their team in 1979. Changing bad members for more than 31 years, Bad Religion has produced numerous songs including hits like “21st Century (Digital Boy),” “Infected,” “Atomic Garden,” and “American Jesus”.
- The Misfits American punk band, The Misfits, hail from New Jersey, where they were founded in 1977. Part of the classic punk rockers who helped launch the genre, The Misfits produced such songs as “Night of the Living Dead,” “Halloween,” and “Horror Biz”.
- Dead Kennedys In 1978, the punk rock band, Dead Kennedys, took their start in San Francisco. Credited with pioneering hardcore rock, the Dead Kennedys produced the songs “Area 51,” “Holiday in Cambodia,” and “Pull My Strings”.
- The Clash British founded punk rock band, The Clash, got their start in 1976 incorporating punk, reggae, rap and rockabilly to their sound. The Clash produced such well known songs as “White Riot,” “Remote Control,” and “Tommy Gun”.
- Social Distortion In 1978, in the town of Fullerton, California, the punk rock band, Social Distortion, was formed. Temporarily disbanded seven years later for drug related problems, the band reformed a year later. Despite the one year break from producing, Social Distortion produced such songs as “Story of My Life,” “Ball and Chain’” and “Prison Bound”.
- Blink-182 Formed in San Diego during 1992, the band Blink-182 brought punk into the 90s and through the turn of the century. Popular Blink-182 songs include “All the Small Things,” “Adam’s Song,” “The Rock Show,” and the 2003 release, “I Miss You”. Green Day The punk rock band, Green Day, found their start in 1987 and have continued to produce hit songs through the turn of the century. Already producers of “Greatest Hits” albums, Green Day produced such songs as “American Idiot,” “Good Riddance (Time of Your Life),” “Redundant,” and “Boulevard of Broken Dreams”.
- The Offspring Huntington Beach, California stands as the 1984 birthplace of the punk band, The Offspring. Helping to revive the punk rock genre that started in the 1970, The Offspring produced such songs as “Hammerhead,” “Gotta Get Away,” “Why Don’t You Get a Job,” and “Pretty Fly (For a White Guy)”.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.