Finding the 10 best quotes about Hollywood is a difficult and daunting task. It can depend on your outlook as well as if they are really the best quotes about the glory town everyone knows about called Hollywood. This is a variety of the many types of quotes you will find about Hollywood. That is what makes them the best; they find all angles of the town and reveal them all!
- “Hollywood makes prostitutes out of woman and sissies out of men.”– Anonymous
- “Hollywood's a place where they'll pay you a thousand dollars for a kiss, and fifty cents for your soul. I know, because I turned down the first offer often enough and held out for the fifty cents.” – Marilyn Monroe
- “In Beverly Hills… they don’t throw their garbage away. They make it into television shows.” – Woody Allen
- “Its idea of ‘production vale’ is spending a million dollars dressing up a story that any good writer would throw away. Its vision of the rewarding movie is a vehicle for some glamour-puss with two expressions and eighteen changes of costume, or for some male idol of the muddled million with a permanent hangover, six worn-out acting tricks, [and] the build of a lifeguard and the mentality of a chicken-strangler.” – Raymond Chandler
- “Hollywood is a place where they place you under contract instead of under observation.” – Walter Winchell
- “In Hollywood if you don’t have happiness you send out for it” – Rex Reed
- “Some are able and humane mend and some are low-grade individuals with the morals of a goal, the artistic integrity of a slot machine, and the manners of a floorwalker with delusions of grandeur.” – Raymond Chandler
- “The average Hollywood film star’s ambition is to be admired by an American, courted by an Italian, married to an Englishman and have a French boyfriend.” – Katharine Hepburn
- “You write a book like that you’re fond of over the years, then you see that happen to it, it’s like pissing in your father’s beer.” – Ernest Hemingway
- “The only ‘ism’ Hollywood believes in is plagiarism.” – Dorothy Parker
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.