There’s no doubt that the ten best quotes about Kobe Bryant depict a polarizing figure within the NBA. Since entering the league in 1996, Bryant has divided the loyalties of basketball fans with his stellar play and icy off-court demeanor. Love him or hate him, there’s no shortage of quotes about Kobe Bryant.
- “There’s nobody in this league that can guard him.” – Byron Scott It seems that Kobe Bryant can score at will. His mind-boggling 81 points against the Toronto Raptors in 2006 was a career-high, second in NBA history only to Wilt Chamberlain’s legendary 100-point game.
- “He needs advice on how to play team ball.” – Shaquille O’Neal The most publicized of the ten best quotes about Kobe Bryant originate from Shaquille O’Neal. The pair traded verbal jabs throughout their eight years together with the Lakers.
- “I see a lot of myself in him.” – Michael Jordan When trying to determine who is the best NBA player of all time, Kobe Bryant is frequently compared to Michael Jordan in both playing style and off-court arrogance. The comparisons are valid, though Jordan has the edge in several key categories including NBA Finals MVP honors and championships.
- “Kobe’s range is unreal, and he does it his way.” – Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Kobe Bryant’s hoops talents aren’t limited to the perimeter. Bryant has never shied away from taking outside shots, as evidenced by his twelve for eighteen three-point-shot performance against the Seattle Supersonics in 2003.
- “In the seven or eight years we were together, we were never together.” – Shaquille O’Neal After O’Neal was traded from the Lakers to the Heat in 2004, he was often asked to reflect on his time in Los Angeles. O’Neal’s quotes about Kobe Bryant during this time offered a glimpse into the tumultuous partnership the two had shared for eight years.
- “Only God can stop Kobe Bryant.” – Charles Barkley Kobe Bryant’s accomplishments have inspired quotes of admiration from legions of basketball pundits. As of the 2010 season, Bryant has amassed an impressive NBA resume, including five championships, twelve NBA All-Star appearances and a 2008 MVP selection.
- “I’m not the one buying love. He’s the one buying love.” – Shaquille O’Neal In 2003, Kobe Bryant was accused of sexual assault by a Colorado hotel employee. Shortly afterward, Kobe’s wife Vanessa was seen sporting an eight-carat diamond ring reportedly worth four million dollars.
- “He’s definitely the best player in the NBA.” – LeBron James As perhaps the only NBA peer to match Kobe Bryant in ability and notoriety, LeBron James has always publicly displayed a healthy respect for Bryant in his quotes.
- “Kobe, tell me how my ass tastes.” – Shaquille O’Neal Shortly after Kobe Bryant’s sexual assault charges were dropped, rumors surfaced that during the investigation, Bryant had told police about O’Neal’s various extra-marital trysts. O’Neal took offense and unleashed this quote about Kobe Bryant during a musical performance at a Miami club.
- “These young guys are playing checkers. I’m out there playing chess.” – Kobe Bryant For perhaps the most insightful of the ten best quotes about Kobe Bryant, you’ve got to go to the source. Bryant’s self-confidence is unparalleled in professional sports, and with good reason. He is one of the best NBA players of all time.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …