10 Best Quotes From 'Almost Famous'
Sex, drugs, and rock n' roll is what makes up the 10 best quotes from "Almost Famous". The movie which has fifteen year old reporter William touring with the band Stillwater has many memorable quotes that leave you laughing, or thoughtful. The best quotes from "Almost Famous" come from a variety of characters, but these lines made their roles and the movie memorable.
Russell Hammond, "I am a golden god." Russell says this when he was on acid standing on top of a roof at a party. All the kids were cheering him on, and this scene spawned one of the best quotes from "Almost Famous".
- Ed, "Fuck it! I'm... I'm gay!" One of the best funny quotes from "Almost Famous" happens while Stillwater's plane hits severe turbulence, and the band members start arguing and confessing secrets. Drummer Ed shouted out his, and as everyone looked at him with mouths dropped open, the plane leveled out.
- William Miller, "Do you have to be depressed to write a sad song? Do you have to be in love to write a love song? Is a song better when it really happened to you?" The fifteen year old journalist has one of the most deep and thought provoking quotes from "Almost Famous".
- Penny Lane, "I always tell the girls, never take it seriously, if ya never take it seriously, ya never get hurt, ya never get hurt, ya always have fun, and if you ever get lonely, just go to the record store and visit your friends." In true optimistic Penny Lane style, she delivers the famous band-aid motto to young William.
- Russell Hammond, "I'm telling secrets to the one guy you don't tell secrets to." The one person in the band William could not seem to get an interview from while on the road was Russell. They called William the enemy, but soon softened up to him, and began spilling secrets.
- Penny Lane, "You are home." Penny said this to William while everyone was on the bus singing Elton John's "Tiny Dancer". William told Penny he had to go home and she responded with what became one of the best quotes from "Almost Famous".
- William Miller, "That groupie? She was a Band-Aid! All she did was love your band. And you used her, all of you! You used her and threw her away! She almost died last night while you were with Bob Dylan. You guys, you're always talking about the fans, the fans, the fans; she was your biggest fan, and you threw her away! And if you can't see that, that's your biggest problem. And I love her! I love her!" One of the best heartfelt scenes was William telling Russell off after Penny Lane almost overdosed on pills. His added "I love her" brought a tough of humor in a sad scene.
Penny Lane, "We are not groupies. Groupies sleep with rockstars because they want to be near someone famous. We are here because of the music, we inspire the music. We are Band Aids." Another famous quote from Penny in "Almost Famous" was when she first met William and explained how she was not a groupie.
- Russell Hammond, "I'm never as good as when you're there." The always mysterious rock star shows true feelings when he says this line to Penny Lane.
Elaine Miller, "Rock stars have kidnapped my son!" William's always worrying mother suddenly yells out in the middle of a class lecture one of the best quotes from "Almost Famous".