While Nintendo has become known as the console of choice for the casual gamer, the 10 best racing games on Wii are fun for everyone. Newcomers and hardcore gamers alike experience the same learning curve when using the Wii remote to play the variety of racing titles on the popular system. From customizable go-karting to surreal racing simulations, these are the best racing games to play on the Wii.
- Mario Kart Wii. The sixth game in the series and first on the Wii console, "Mario Kart Wii" utilizes the Wii Wheel accessory to give players a fun gaming experience. Crazy courses, wacky racers, and an all-new online experience marks one of the best racing games on the Wii.
- Excitebots: Trick Racing. The sequel to "Excite Truck" from Monster Games, the game features fifty large, distinctive courses and unique, animal themed vehicles. Players perform tricks and stunts to earn stars and high scores in the main game, or they can compete in a variety of play modes locally and online to test their racing skills.
- Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing. This kart racing game stars Sonic the Hedgehog and a library of characters from Sega's star gallery. Featuring circuits based on Sega's licensed properties, the game features riders who perform special abilities called "All-Star Moves" that aid them in competition.
- Excite Truck. One of the launch games with the Wii console, "Excite Truck" follows the "Excite" series of games in which players must complete courses to gain stars and achieve high rankings. The game is one of the only Wii games that supports MP3 playback from an SD card during gameplay.
- Driift Mania. Players race each other in a variety of vehicles while viewing the entire track from above. The Konami title is one of the first downloadable racing games released on Nintendo's WiiWare platform.
- Need For Speed: Nitro. Electronic Arts' racing game series gets its feet wet in the Wii waters with this Nintendo-exclusive title. The arcade-style racing game shies away from realism in favor of over-the-top action for casual gamers.
- Excitebike: World Rally. This WiiWare title closely resembles the original "Excitebike" on the NES (Nintendo Entertainment System), from the overheating bikes to level editor. Players compete for the best times locally or online in one of the best racing games on the Wii console.
- MX vs. ATV: Untamed. An off-road racing game featuring monster trucks and minibikes, this racing game contains an all-star cast of real-life riders for players to control in numerous game modes.
- NASCAR Kart Racing. EA Sports combines fictional racers with NASCAR's most famous drivers in a fun-filled kart-style game. The casual racing title is the first and only NASCAR Wii title and is exclusive to the Nintendo game console.
- MySims Racing. A spin-off of the "MySims" game series, this go-kart racing title utilizes the trademark customization aspect of "MySims" and combines it with a quirky cast of characters to make one of the best racing games on the Wii.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.
21 Hairstyles Women Love
Female experts reveal the ’dos that drive them wild.