With so many rap albums that were released in 2007, choosing the 10 best rap albums of 2007 is not that easy. Focusing on albums that really show style, artistry and those that challenge the set norms, here are the best rap albums of 2007. These albums are from the artists that stayed in control of their music, withoutgoing for whatever is in fad.
- Lupe Fiasco’s "The Cool": Simply referred to as "The Cool", this album from Lupe Fiasco is one of the best rap albums of 2007. With a loose concept that is based on one of his songs from his album called "Food and Liquor", this album contains songs that showcase the versatility of Fiasco. There arevarious themes of the songs, making it a real gem.
- "Graduation": Kanye West never fails to produce albums that make his fans adore rap music even more. "Graduation" is one of the best rap albums of 2007 that is inspired by other musical groups. He sampled various music genres here, giving the album a fresh new sound from that of his previous ones.
- "American Gangster": Jay-Z made a huge improvement with this album as compared to his previous one, "Kingdom Come". Inspired by the movie with this same name, the songs here are based on specific scenes from the film. The story of the movie indeed happens in New York, and that is what he witnessed while growing up. That was his inspiration when he recorded this album from the best rap albums of 2007.
- "The Undisputed Truth": Brother Ali and some of his featured artists sing the songs from one of the best rap albums of 2007. This album pumped up the rap beats from Ant, giving it a better version. Ali’s abilities certainly took him to the top when he showed how great he is as an artist with this album.
- "Desire": After eight years, Pharoahe Monch released his second album which belongs on the best rap songs of 2007. For this one, his songs are poetic, and every listener will learn a lot from the insightful excerpts that he included in his lyrics.
- "Waitin’ To Inhale": Devin the Dude surely increased his fans in great numbers when he released this album, which is one of the best rap albums of 2007. With guest verses from Snoop Dogg, Lil Wayne, Bun B. and Andre 3000, the album tells stories that are jaw-dropping, while going through with wonderful rap beats.
- "Finding Forever": Social commentaries were unleashed by Common in this album, which is also part of the best rap albums of 2007. With Kanye West producing, this album brought Common into greater heights. If you’re wondering about the title, it means that in music, there’s a place that you can find where forever exists.
- "Return of the Mac": Fans of prodigy should thank the producer The Alchemist for the release of this album. This was originally planned to be a mixtape, but with the quality of the record, it was then released as an album. With songs that are really hardcore rap, hearing Common is something you’ll never get tired of.
- "Get back": Even if 9th Wonder left the group, Little Brother still came up with one of the best rap albums of 2007. Here you will be able to hear some horn sections that sound similar to jazz, thumping drums and vocals that are entirely different from their previous albums.
- "Monster Maker": Sharkey and C-Rayz Walz are indeed monsters when it comes to rap music. They produced one of the best rap albums of 2007 wherein alien music is truly is at its best. The concept behind the album is that there’s a monster in every person that will reach a breaking point every now and then.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.