10 Best Rap Albums Of 2009
In a country founded by the ideals of the American Dream with a white picket fence and 2.5 kids, the best rap albums of 2009 add culture and flavor to our society. Here are ten of the best rap albums of 2009 in no particular order:
- "The Last Kiss" Jadakiss began a trilogy of musical compilations in 2001, which began with “Kiss tha Game Goodbye" and followed that album with the second installment entitled “Kiss of Death” in 2004. In 2009, he released the third and final piece called “The Last Kiss.” The highly anticipated CD featured guest appearances from Jay-Z and Lil Wayne, among others.
- "Before I Self Destruct" 50 Cent made a fortune off hit songs such as “In Da Club” and “Candy Shop.” His fourth project released in November 2009 and with similarly popular songs such as “I Get It In,” he flew to the top of the hottest list of rappers yet again.
- "We Are Young Money" This was a busy year for Lil Wayne. As he worked to release his own album in 2010, he helped launch "We Are Young Money," with Short Dawg, Lloyd, Gucci Mane and Birdman.
"Lady Love" LeToya Luckett was part of the dynamic Destiny’s Child group. Although her split from the group was ugly, she continued to make waves as an individual artist. She dropped her second solo album, “Lady Love,” in 2009.
- "LupEND" Lupe became a big name this year with the final installment of his three-part final album. After releasing "Everywhere, Nowhere and Downhere," he finally released "LupEND" to draw the conclusion.
- "The Blueprint 3" Jay-Z is rap. There is no question about that. Many rappers attempt to follow in his footsteps and although many get close, no one else can be the legendary Jay-Z. After releasing extremely successful albums in 2001 and 2002, he finally returned to the spotlight again with the release of "Blueprint 3" on September 2009.
- "Relapse" Eminem, who previously released four huge albums, released his fifth in 2009. “The Relapse” pushed Eminem back to a spot where he's frequently talked about.
- "Thank Me Later" Drake is an adorable actor from the popular young adult show “Degrassi” and quickly grew up and released an album to match his newfound image. He worked as a musician for several years, but really made waves in 2009 and 2010 with the release of his CD “So far Gone” and the single “Best I Ever Had.”
- "A Kid Named Cudi" Kid Cudi, similar to Drake, made a switch from acting to rapping. He released his debut album in 2009 called “A Kid Named Cudi.” Singles such as “Day and Night” made him extremely popular.
- "Venom" In 2009, Chamillionaire dropped his third CD. This Grammy-winning artist dropped Venom in early 2009, following his 2007 release of "Ultimate Victory."