Here are the 10 best rap artists of the 90's. The rap genre became very popular in the '90s, but after the millennium ball dropped, so did the quality of rap music. Even though rap music will never be the same, some rappers will be forever remembered for being the best rappers of the best years for rap, the '90s.
- Wu-Tang Clan. The Wu-Tang Clan became instantly popular when they hit the music industry in 1992. With songs like "Wu-Tang Clan Ain't…..," Wu-Tang Clan became known as one of the most hard core group of rappers of the '90s.
- Notorious B.I.G. Christopher Wallace, also known as Notorious Big or Biggie Smalls, became "notorious" in the rap community in the early '90s with songs such as "Big Papa." Biggie became popular in 1992, but his music career ended suddenly when he was shot and killed in 1997.
- Cypress Hill. Cypress Hill released their first self-titled album in 1991, and since then, they have held strong respect among rap lovers, even in 2010. With popular songs such as "Insane in the Brain," Cypress Hill created great beats that are timeless, and lyrics that will be remembered forever.
- Redman. Reginald Noble, known by rap lovers as "Redman," was popular in the '90s. With songs such as "Blow your Mind," Redman became an instant notorious rapper. Redman was seen mostly with his good friend, Methodman.
- Methodman. Clifford Smith, better known as Methodman, became popular in 1994 with songs such as "Bring the Pain." Methodman was a member of the "Wu-Tang Clan," and was seen most of the time with his friend Redman.
- Beastie Boys. The Beastie Boys began in 1979, but they were still extremely popular in the '90s. The song "Sabotage" was released in 1994 and it instantly became a favorite song of many Beastie Boy fans.
- Run DMC. Run DMC originated in the Queens of New York, and quickly came to the top of influential rap artists. They released the song "It's Tricky," and acquired the first Gold Record in the rap genre short after.
- Outkast. Outkast is one of the most successful rap groups from the '90s, having six Academy Awards as of 2010. Outkast was best known for songs such as "Ain't No Thang" in the '90s, but they are better known for "Mrs. Jackson," and "Hey Ya," in 2010.
- Nas. Nasir bin Olu Dara Jones, better known as Nas, Released his first album "Illmatic" in 1994. Nas was said to be a rap prodigy, since he started writing his music at the age of nine.
- Snoop Dogg. Cordozar Calvin Broadus, also known as Snoop Dog, released his first debut album "Doggystyle" in 1993. The album went quadruple platinum and became an instant notorious album that will never be forgotten from the '90s.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.