The 10 best rap dance songs are classic hip-hop tracks that will get the party moving and the people singing along. From fighin’ words to sex anthems, 80's classics to dirty south bangers, thug to intelligent ladies, this list has it all.
- LL Cool J – “Mama Said Knock You Out” This song defines rap dance music. The driving break beat and aggressive energy of LL’s delivery drives dance floors crazy. Add to that the fact that everyone who is anyone knows the chorus to this song and “Mama Said Knock You Out” one of the 10 best rap dance song.
- Notorious B.I.G. – “Hypnotize” “Hypnotize” has slap bass, a steady beat, catchy hooks, and braggadocio lyrics. It is one of the most instantly recognized rap tracks of all time. Who wouldn’t get on the floor and sing alone: "Biggie Biggie Biggie, can’t you see? Sometimes your words just hypnotize me.” Classic, and one of the 10 best dance rap songs.
- Sir Mix-A-Lot – “Baby Got Back” Oh. My. God. Becky. Her butt. Six Mix-A-Lot’s madcap, sound collage peon to thick booties is one of the 10 best rap dance songs of all time. The beat is filled with horn bleats, break beats, and left field samples. Everyone knows the words and gets on the dance floor and sings alone when this track hits.
- Salt-n-Pepa – “Shoop” Holla! One for the ladies. “Shoop” is a mellow groove that has a fun, carefree 80’s feel. It’s sexy without being explicit, and won’t encourage anyone to pull a gun, loose their mind, do hard drugs, fight with the police, or stab their neighbor for crack money. If you wanna have a safe party, “Shoop” is a one of the 10 best dance rap songs.
- Missy Elliot – “Work It” Is it worth it? Yes. Will it make the ladies work it? Put their thing down, flip it and reverse it? Depends on whether you’ve got an elephantine member. “Work It” will turn dance floor flirting into nasty humping, and is a bad dancer’s worst nightmare. For good dancers fittin to score, it’s a sure fire winner.
- Outkast – “Bombs Over Baghdad” What happens when Atlanta’s favorite sons mix drum n’ bass, hip-hop, dancehall, and funk? “Bombs Over Baghdad,” one of the 10 best dance rap song of all time. It’s chock full of rapid fire verses, drums, claps, keyboard arpeggios, and distant guitar squeals. Try to keep up with it all, we double dog dare you.
- DMX – “Party Up (Up in Here)” DMX’s angry anthem “Up in Here” is one of the 10 best dance rap songs for adhering to a grand tradition of wildin’ out: it’s the end of the week, frustrations have been mounting, and the whole club is set to explode. DMX translates this work-a-day frustration into a dance party release in this high-energy joint.
- House of Pain – “Jump Around” Score one for Boston. “Jump Around” is such a great song because the track manages to capture the energy, joy, abandon, promise, and threat of a party. One of the 10 best dance rap song, the high-energy banger is guaranteed to get dance floors following the song’s instructions.
- 2 Live Crew – “Me So Horny” 80’s rap novelty hit “Me So Horny” has more in common with pop and dance music in 2010 than it does with rap. The track has all the right ingredients for one of the ten best dance rap songs: sex appeal, a solid groove, and quotable lyrics.
- Nelly – “Hot in Here” Nelly consistently makes great dance tracks because he’s more interested in making his songs pop and groove than he is in "keeping it real." “Hot in Here” is the epitome of this, marrying mellow keyboard chords with a fusion beat and jagged funk guitar stabs.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.