10 Best Rap Hip Hop Songs 2010
Here are the 10 best rap hip hop songs of 2010. 2010 has easily been one of those years were you can find great rap hip hop songs with no trouble at all. From the drop of Drake's first album to Eminem's comeback and Nicki Minaj showing why she is a part of Young Money. Aside from these mainstream artists there have been less glorified artists that have had killer songs. Many think that hip hop is dead and that rap is dying but these rap hip hop songs of 2010 say otherwise.
- "Not Afraid". This powerful song by veteran rapper Eminem shows why he still one of the best in the game. The song depicts Eminem's struggle to overcome his fears and his drug addiction. The song symbolizes something that many people can relate to. "Not afraid" is one of the best lyrically executed songs of this century and in 2010.
- "Light Up". With help from Jay-Z, Drake is able to blow this song away. In 2009, Drake had much success from his constant radio played hit "Best I Ever Had". With "Light Up", Drake gave the audiences a cool song that stays true to rap's roots.
- "Who Dat". J. Cole is by far one of the most underrated rappers of 2010. When J. Cole performed his lyrically moving song at the BET hip hop awards this year, his performance easily blew everyone away. This guy's verses are incredible and easily leaves people saying "Who Dat?'
- "Power". Kanye West always has people listening and his first single off his album "Power" surely had people listening. The song uses a unique beat and approach to the rap and hip hop game. There is no denying that "Power" is one of Yezzy's best songs and one of the best of 2010.
- "Great Expectations". This song features the well known Bei Maejor and Diggy the son of hip hop hall of famer Rev Run. This song represents something that a lot of people struggle with. Diggy has yet to fully establish himself in the rap game, but after the 2010 BET cypher and this song he is headed in the right direction.
- "Black and Yellow". Wiz Khalifa has been dropping mixtapes for the longest and has managed to find his way to the mainstream with his song "Black and Yellow". The beat and the hook are what make the song. The lyrics are okay, but it is just one of those songs that you can bump with the top down while you are speeding on the freeway.
- "Aston Martin Music". Rick Ross may not be the strongest rapper when it comes to his content but he does know how to make hits. In "Aston Martin Music" featuring Chrisette Michelle and Drake, he steps his lyrics up and shows people a whole new side of Rick Ross. The love story/car idea has been done plenty of times before, but his delivery is on point in this song.
- "Beamer, Benz or Bentley". Time and time again, Lloyd Banks has been overlooked as being a real contender in the rap/ hip hop game. When he put out his song "Beamer, Benz or Bentley" everyone wanted to own one of those cars. The lyrics were easy to memorize and quickly became a huge club anthem.
- "All I Do Is Win" remix. Khaled is a genius when it comes to collaborations and "All I Do is Win" serves as no exception. The original was such a hit that he had to make a remix and the remix is ten times better. Everyone that is featured on the track delivered. Khaled surprised a lot of listeners by actually putting together an okay verse instead of just shouting throughout the entire song.
- "Amazing". This song comes off of T.I.'s latest album and features Pharrell. This song is amazing and shows a side of T.I. that is often overlooked. T.I. and Pharrell have the ability to deliver verses effortlessly and as smooth as possible. This song displays their talents in the best light.