If you're looking to find the 10 best rap instrumentals, then look no further as perhaps these ten hot selections may come to suit your fancy. When it comes to beats and instrumentals, they are highly significant to any song. Some artists spend too much time in lyrics that they end up short-ending the instrumental aspects of their songs. What they don't realize is that lyrics and instrumentals are like a marriage; It's a two-way street that has to be satisfied in every way possible. Now, feast your eyes on some of the best rap instrumentals around.
- "Juicy" by Notorious B.I.G. Originally lifted from the 80's classic "Juicy Fruit" by Mtume, the Notorious B.I.G. turned this instrumental into a hot rap commodity which was later used by Tupac Shakur for his song "All About U," and then for Keyshia Cole's "Let It Go." This rap instrumental is a popular inspiration for lyrics and flow.
- "Been Around The World" by Puff Daddy featuring Mase and Notorious B.I.G. Puff Daddy reigns once again in the instrumental department. For this song, he has taken a juicy 80's sample from David Bowie and turned it into a mesmerizing hip hop track that remains as one of the best beats out there.
- "Money, Cash, Hoes (Remix)" by Jay-Z featuring DMX, Beanie Siegel and Memphis Bleek. Jay-Z kills it with instrumental once more. This rap instrumental packs plenty of hooks to feed your hip hop addiction; it sounds just like a hip hop circus that's been hooked on steroids.
- "I'll Be" by Foxy Brown featuring Jay-Z. With a sample lifted from the 80's jam "I'll Be Good" by Rene and Angela, Foxy Brown's "I'll Be" turns a juicy sample into a rap instrumental masterpiece that is packed with tension, style, finesse and hooks that will keep you on the edge of your seat… or rather, listening ears.
- "Can I Get A…" by Jay-Z featuring Ja-Rule and Amil-ion. In his biggest reincarnation that changed his rap career, Jay-Z, along with Ja Rule and Amil-ion, collaborated to make "Can I Get A…," a hip hop classic that presents us with a bopping and hopping rap instrumental that has brief slow interchanges in between each of the fire-charged verses.
- "Can't Nobody Hold Me Down" by Puff Daddy featuring Mase. Grandmaster Flash's "The Message" instrumental has been used quite a few times by different rap artists, but when Puff Daddy and Mase presented us with their pumped up yet slowed-down version of the track, it rocked clubs and radio stations everywhere. The instrumental was also used by Ice Cube for the song "Check Yourself."
- "Made You Look" by Nas. Rapper Nas took one of the most-used samples in rap history, "Apache" by Incredible Bongo Band, and delivered a feverish hip hop track that is filled with plenty of old school flare. This is a great rap instrumental if you're into old school raps and lyrically strong songs.
- "Victory" by Puff Daddy featuring Busta Rhymes and Notorious B.I.G. Hip hop impresario Puff Daddy (now known as Diddy) took the "Enter The Ring" theme from the "Rocky" films and pieced together an armored, hard-hitting rap instrumental that's packed with trumpets, opera-vocals, heavy bass and a dark atmosphere that is perfect for any hardcore verse.
- "It's Tricky" by Run D.M.C. While lifting a sample from the song "My Sharona" by The Knack, the rap trio known as Run D.M.C. deliver a hard-hitting and raunchy hip hop instrumental that contains plenty of old school punches and hooks. This rap instrumental is great for old school style rap.
- "Changes" by 2Pac. Sampling "The Way It Is" by Bruce Hornsby and the Range, rap impresario Tupac Shakur gave the hip hop world an inspiring rap instrumental track with "Changes," presenting it as an outlet for powerful, lyrical messages, much like the ones he delivers in the song itself.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.