Here are the 10 best rap lyrics of 2008. Hip hop produced and released many great songs that year. So let's take a look back at the best of 2008.
- Young Jeezy "My President." "Tell him I'm doing fine, Obama for mankind. We ready for damn change, so Y'all let the man shine. Stuntin on Martin Luther cuz I'm feeling just like A king, guess this Is what he meant when he said that he had a dream." It was an important time in history. This lyric captures the importance of that period.
- T.I. and Jay Z "Swagga Like Us." "You can pay for school, but you can't buy class. School of hard knocks I'm a grad, and that all blue Yankee is my graduation cap." You have to love this best rap lyric of 2008. How true.
- Ludacris "MVP." "One, two and it don't stop, and my deliveries invaded your vicinities. Hennessy is my remedy, takin' shot like kennedy." There is a great deal going on within these lines. Some of the best of 2008.
- Nas "Black President." "But on a positive side, I think Obama provides Hope and challenges minds of all races and colors to erase the hate And try and love one another, so many political snakes." Another rap lyric that marks the importance of this moment in history as well as the disgust over political corruption.
- Busta Rhymes "Don't Touch Me." "And break it on down just a little once again, knowing we holding the bank. So let me keep the dice rolling, and keep it traditional. The way I keep my money falling, while you slacking on your macking. Dude we always keep it going." Ah the life of a gangster. Another great rap song from 2008.
- The Roots "Rising Up." "And I’m a legend in the flesh that dress to impress. The best is that which I accept and nothing less. My stacks is grotesque. My squad is so fresh." The confidence is all in the dress.
- Lil Wayne "Dr. Carter." "Excuse me if I'm late, but like a thief it takes time to be this great." Sometimes the best lyrics are the simplest. This is a great example.
- Jadakiss "From Now Till Then." "Every verse is food, every song is dinner, I belong with winners, only the strongest finish." Another great hip hop song from 2008.
- Big Boi "Royal Flush." "Now I put a message in a bottle. You go to the nearest beach and open your car door, and you walk to the place where the sea meets the land. Yeah it's easier to run the street than walk in the sand." Think about the last line. The street is the toughest place to be.
- Lil Wayne "A Milli." "And I rather be pushin flowers then dropping pens in the shower." It was a good year for Lil Wayne. This is another great rap song of 2008, which was clearly a good year for rap lyrics.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.