A hip hop fan's musical collection isn't complete without the 10 best rap mixtapes. Rap careers are made and resurrected by the popular collections. Add the ten mixtapes below to your music library!
- "So Far Gone" by Drake. This instant hip hop classic put Drake on the hip hop map. The collection is led by "Best I ever Had" and "Successful". In 2009, "So Far Gone" even made it to Billboards top 200 albums.
- "The Dedication 2" by Lil Wayne. Weezy is easily the king of the mixtape. Wayne's work ethic, grit and street credibility are displayed throughout. This album was followed by the multi -platinum "The Carter III".
- "The Mixtape About Nothing" by Wale. This disk receives its name from the popular Seinfeld series. The ins and outs of Wale's daily life are the main subject matters. This set is smart, insightful and personal.
- "Da Drought 3" by Lil Wayne. This set proves to be another powerful showing by the Louisiana native. The popular collection features great samples of modern hip hop and r&b songs.
- "No Mercy No Fear" by 50 Cent and G-Unit. Fifty launched a lucrative rap career while simultaneously destroying in the rap game.
- "Trap or Die" by Young Jeezy. Atlanta produces more then party music. Jeezy's set is full of street credibility and swagger. Southern rappers come a dime a dozen but Jeezy separates himself.
- "A Kid Named Cudi" by Kid Cudi. Rap music is often accused of lacking culture and diversity. Cudi's mixtape combines poetic lyrics and melancholy production.
- "Beam Me Up Scotty" by Nicki Minaj. Nicki is one of the few female rap artists to take the business by storm!
- "No Ceilings" by Lil Wayne. This is Weezy's third and final appearance on the list. Wayne began to loose credibility after commercial success. He resurrects resiliently on this cd.
- "Friday Night Lights" by J. Cole. This serves as the follow to Cole's first mixtape, "the Warm Up". The Roc Nation signee vividly tells his story and reaches a higher level of artistic creativity.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!