Rap music is ever growing in popularity, and each of these 10 best rap songs of 2007 will show you just why this is. The list features some well known artists, some classic rappers, and some newcomers, but all-in-all each artist deserves to be there. Listen to the tracks, and you'll surely see why.
- "Sunshine" by Atmosphere – Atmosphere's awesome hangover anthem is perfect for any sunny morning, whether you have a hangover or not. "Sunshine" is absolutely one of the best rap songs of 2007 with its simple melody and powerful lyrics that give you something to think about.
- "Int'l Players Anthem (I Choose You)" by UGK (featuring OutKast) – Bringing these two popular rap groups together was a great choice. "Int'l Players Anthem (I Choose You)" is certainly one of the top hip hop tracks of 2007, with the incredible combination of two of the hottest groups in the hip hop scene.
- "Gotta Eat" by Lupe Fiasco – Perhaps "Gotta Eat" is one of the least known tracks on this list. However, once you give a listen to Lupe's lyrical stylings filled with metaphors on this track, you'll see why it deserves to be called one of the best rap songs of 2007.
- "Surviving the Times" by Nas – "Surviving the Times" is one of the most impressive tracks from Nas to date. Even though it may not be one of his most famous, Nas' lyrically impressive look into his career in the song "Surviving the Times" makes it one of the best rap songs of 2007.
- "The People" by Common – Common's song "for the people" speaks to people from all walks of life and all over the world. Common's lyrics are incredible, as is the beat, and Dwele's hook as well as the song samples were well chosen.
- "I Tried" By Bone Thugs-n-Harmony (featuring Akon) – "I Tried" was the first top 10 hit Bone Thugs-n-Harmony had within ten years. It was an excellent choice to collaborate with Akon for the track, which speaks about their struggles on the streets, as well.
- "Better Than I've Ever Been DJ Premier Remix" by Rakim, KRS-One, Nas, Kanye West, and DJ Premier – With Rakim, KRS-One, Nas, and Kanye all on one track, this song is sure to be a hit. The mixing by DJ Premier brings all of the lines together into one of the best rap songs of 2007.
- "Stronger" by Kanye West – "Stronger" has been one of Kanye's most popular tracks yet. He sampled "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" by Daft Punk, which proved to be a great choice, as it certainly made for a hit.
- "Mexico" by CunninLynguists (featuring Club Dub) – CunninLynguists may not be as well known as other rap groups. However, "Mexico" is certainly one of the best rap songs of 2007 with it's feel good beat and dreamer outlook.
- "Flashing Lights" by Kanye West (featuring Dwele) – This was certainly a busy year for Kanye with "Stronger" and "Flashing Lights." It makes sense, though, that his tracks would be in the 10 best rap songs of 2007 twice (not to forget his performance on "Better Than I've Ever Been DJ Premier Remix and "Can't Tell Me Nothing," another 2007 hit of his), especially with these catchy, electronic style tracks.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Real-Life Heroes Who Inspired Indiana Jones
Legend has it, these guys are the real MVPs.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …