The 10 best rap songs of 2008 were all commercially and critically successful. Some were issued as singles in 2007, but all the rap songs climbed to success in 2008. Some of the best rap songs in 2008 were first time singles by new artists, while others are from veterans in the rap game. The 10 best rap songs from 2008 make the perfect playlist for any fan of rap music.
- “Low” by Flo Rida featuring T-Pain. The best rap song of 2008 spent ten weeks at #1 on the Billboard Top 100, which was the most any song spent there in 2008. The longest running number-one single of 2008 had five million paid digital downloads, and was certified five times Platinum. The rap song gained more recognition when Travis Barker performed drums for the remix.
- “Lollipop” by Lil Wayne featuring Static Major. The 2008 rap song is from Lil Wayne’s “Tha Carter III” album. One of the best songs from 2008 because to date it’s Lil Wayne’s most successful single by being certified 3x Platinum. The 2008 rap song won a Grammy for Best Rap Song.
- “Whatever You Like” by T.I. During the 2008 raps song third week out, it achieved the third biggest leap to #1 in Billboard Hot 100 chart history by jumping from #71 to the top of the chart. One of the best rap songs of 2008 because it was T.I.’s first solo single to reach the popularity of becoming #1 on Billboard.
- “A Milli” by Lil Wayne. Everyone jumped on the LIl Wayne train in 2008, and this single was named 63rd best song of the 2000’s decade by “Rolling Stone.” The 2008 rap song won a Grammy for Best Rap Solo Performance. One of the best rap songs of 2008 because “Blender” ranked it the #1 song of 2008.
- “Sensual Seduction” by Snoop Dogg. Released at the end of 2007, this rap song continued to gain popularity in 2008. One of the best rap songs in 2008 is also a Grammy-nominated single from Snoop Dogg’s album “Ego Trippin.” The rap song was huge in 2008 club scene and even hit #1 on Billboard’s Hot Dance Club Play.
- “Swagga Like Us” by T.I., Jay-Z, Kanye West, and Lil Wayne. One of the best rap songs in 2008 features four of the biggest rappers and M.I.A. The song was performed at the Grammy’s and won the Best Rap Performance by a Duo or Group. This rap song was #22 on Rolling Stone’s list of the 100 Best Songs of 2008.
- “My Life” by The Game. Released in 2008, this rap song features Lil Wayne. It debuted at #21 on the Billboard Hot 100 making it The Game’s highest debut on the chart. One of the best rap songs of 2008 because The Game a sympathetic and heartfelt verse to Kanye West after his tragic loss of his mother.
- “Superstar” by Lupe Fiasco featuring Matthew Santos. This popular rap song peaked at #10 on the Billboard Hot 100. One of the best songs in 2008 because at the 2009 Grammy Awards it was nominated for Best Rap/Sung Collaboration. It was also up for a 2008 Teen Choice Music in the Rap/Hip-Hop Song category.
- “Love Lockdown” by Kanye West. The lead rap single was released in 2008 from West’s album “808s & Heartbreaks.” The song debuted at the 2008 MTV Video Music Awards and was commercially successful selling over 2.5 million downloads. The 2008 rap song debuted at number three on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100.
- “Crank That (Soulja Boy)” by Soulja Boy Tell ‘Em. The American rapper made his debut with the 2008 rap song “Crank That (Soulja Boy)”. The rap song spent seven weeks at #1 on the Billboard charts, and was nominated for a Grammy in the Best Rap Song category. In 2009 it was named the 23rd most successful song of the 2000’s, on the Billboard Hot 100 Songs of the Decade.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.