Here are the 10 best rap songs about cars that we love to listen to in honor of our beloved rides. Rap songs are known for talking about women, fast cars and drinking, and these are the best rap songs that have been made about cars:
- “Ridin’” by Chamillionaire. “Ridin’” by Chamillionaire is one of the best rap songs of all time, so of course it's on the list of the best rap songs about cars as well! The catchy chorus says, “They see me rollin’, they hatin’. Patrolling they tryin’ to catch me ridin’ dirty.”
- “Throw Some D’s” by Rich Boy. We all love to put dubs on our car, so of course the rap song “Throw Some D’s” by Rich Boy is one of the best rap songs about cars. Rich Boy’s song is all about upgrading your car so that you have better rims on it.
- “Let Me Ride” by Dr. Dre. An oldie but goodie, this rap song about a car is “Let Me Ride” by Dr. Dre. “Let Me Ride” is all about cruising around town in your car. This was the third single ever released by Dr. Dre, in 1992.
- “Gangsta Ride” by Snoop Dogg. “Gangsta Ride” by Snoop Dogg, featuring Silkk the Shocker is another great rap song about cars. “Gangsta Ride” is a bit more of a gangster look at spending time cruising around in your favorite car.
- “My Hooptie” by Sir Mix-A-Lot. In 1990, Sir Mix-A-Lot released the hit rap song “My Hooptie,” which is one of the best rap songs about cars. "Hooptie" is an endearing term that many people use to refer to a not-so-great car, actually one that is on its last days usually. This is how Sir Mix-A-Lot describes his in the song: “Four door nightmare, truck locks’ stuck. Big dice on the mirror, grill like a truck. Lifters tickin’, accelerator’s stickin’. Somethin’ on my left front wheel keeps clickin’.”
- "Chevys" by The Dayton Family. If you like Chevrolet, then you will really enjoy this best rap song about cars by The Dayton Family. While this song may not have been as popular as some of the others on the list, it is still one of the best rap anthems around.
- “Tight Whips” by 504 Boyz. “Tight Whips” was released by 504 Boyz, featuring Stay Sean, 5th Ward Weebie, Lil’ Romeo, Little D and Papa Reu, and was released in 2002. This rap song clearly included many of the industry’s most beloved and well known rappers, so it comes as no shock that it is one of the best rap songs about cars! Who else knows more about great cars than the rich and famous?
- “Top Back” by T.I. “Top Back” by T.I. is one of the best rap songs about cars, and it was actually in multiple Chevrolet car commercials. T.I. and his hit “Top Back” appeared in a Chevy Impala commercial as well as Chevrolet’s Super Bowl ad.
- “Big Big Kid” by Jibbs. “Big Big Kid” by Jibbs is a great song about cars. “Big Big Kid” is all about growing up and being able to get all those toys, like cars, that you always dreamed of. “It’s like a car show when I open up my garage; Vipers, Maserati, Lamborghini, drop tops. Cutty, cutty hydraulics once we drop it like it’s hot.”
- "Still Fly" by Big Tymers. And of course, you cannot leave “Still Fly” off of the best rap songs about cars list. “Still Fly" was released by Big Tymers and became an instant hit in the hip hop world.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.