If you love to hear about money and you love rap and hip-hop music, the 10 best rap songs about money will be music to your ears. Money makes the world go round and rap and hip-hop music is known for talking about money.
Puff Daddy & the Family – It's All about the Benjamins (Remix) from “No Way Out (1997)” This song popularized the slang term for a one-hundred dollar bill as a “Benjamin”. Many people do not know who Benjamin Franklin or what the man has accomplished, but everyone knows his image. “It's All about the Benjamins” was one of the biggest hits of 1997 and one of the biggest hits off of Diddy formerly known as Puff Daddy’s debut album.
- Wu-Tang Clan "C.R.E.A.M." from “Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) (1993) ”C.R.E.A.M. means “cash rules everything around me”. “C.R.E.A.M.” put the Wu-Tang Clan and the whole East Coast hip-hop scene back on the map in the mid-1990’s.
The Notorious B.I.G. featuring Ma$e & Puff Daddy "Mo' Money, Mo' Problems" from “Life after Death (1997)” “Mo’ Money, Mo’ Problems” is a classic song about money from the commercially and commercially acclaimed posthumous album “Life after Death” which sold ten million copies. This instrumental samples another classic song Diana Ross’ “I’m Coming Out”.
- Bone Thugs-N-Harmony featuring Eazy-E "Foe tha Love of $" from “Creepin’ on ah Come Up (1994)” "Foe tha Love of $" was the second single off of Bone Thugs-N-Harmony’s first official album and the music video is the last appearance from the late great Eric “Eazy-E” Wright.
- Junior M.A.F.I.A. “Get Money” from “Conspiracy (1995)” “Get Money” is the most successful song from Junior M.A.F.I.A.’s debut album which showcases the lyrical greatness of the Notorious B.I.G. and is accompanied by Lil’ Kim. The instrumental used is sampled from "You Can't Turn Me Away" by Sylvia Striplin.
- 50 Cent “I Get Money” from “Curtis (2007)” Audio Two’s hip-hop classic was sampled heavily for this classic single by 50 Cent. 50 Cent’s flow on this track is flawless with a thumping beat boasting about how much money he has.
- Ol' Dirty Bastard featuring Kelis “Got Your Money” from “N*gga Please (1999)" The late great Ol’ Dirty Bastard better known as ODB asked the legendary duo the Neptunes to revamp another timeless masterpiece Michael Jackson’s “Billie Jean” for the instrumental. This was the biggest song of ODB’s career.
- The LOX featuring DMX & Lil' Kim "Money, Power, Respect” from “Money, Power, Respect (1998)” Dexter Wansel’s “New Beginning” was sampled for this hip-hop classic which features the grittiest lyrics from each rapper and the spit the lyrics with passion and conviction. Lil’ Kim sings the hook for this anthem that makes you want to make money, command power, and demand respect.
- Jay-Z featuring DMX “Money, Cash, Hoes” from “Vol. 2…Hard Knock Life (1998)” Most rap and hip-hop fans are familiar with the remix of this sleeper from Jay-Z’s third album. The original is always better than the sequel and “Money, Cash, Hoes” is no exception to the rule.
- Jermaine Dupri featuring Jay-Z “Money Ain't a Thang” from “Life in 1472 (1998)” “Weak at the Knees” by Steve Arrington is the sample used for one of the hottest tracks in 1998.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …