When you're thinking about hip-hop, you really need to look at the ten best rapper names ever. More so than his or her rhymes, the rapper's name is really their first presentation of themselves as a showman to the entire world. Considering that many people put a lot of stock in first impressions, it's worth looking at the best rapper names ever. Below are the best rapper names ever!
- Bone Crusher. It might a little questionable at first. But think about it, f you're a bigger guy, you don't have a lot of freedom when it comes to rapper names. Luckily, Bone Crusher kept it simple and came up with one of the best names because, well, it terrifies you what to think what it'd be like to get into a fight with him.
- Common. Say what you will about his musical talent, Common embraced his art with his rapper name. Coming out in an age where all rap that was being released was homogenous at best, Common to this slightly-ironic moniker that made him more well-known than his singles.
- Ol' Dirty Bastard. Despite being long gone, ODB had one of the best rapper names ever. You really can't go wrong by describing yourself in the bluntest way possible. This name embodied his lifestyle and lyrical choice perfectly.
- Wiz Khalifa. Easily one of the best rapper names ever, this one is also one of the most idiosyncratic. Believe it or not, this translates to "successor" in Arabic. Considering Khalifa's success over the past few years, it's safe to say that he's living up to expectations.
- Yak Ballz. He's getting onto the list for pure creativity. In a world where your lyrics are either gangster or political, it's refreshing to see someone who's just trying to be funny. His lyrics are actually pretty good, despite his odd moniker.
- Notorius B.I.G. Much like another entrant on this list, Biggie had one of the best rapper names due to his embracing of his imposing physical form. Not only were his lyrics amazing, but he was completely unapologetic that, when it's all said and done, he's huge.
- Ludacris. Yes, he's one of the most popular rappers ever, who pretty much released one album per year. He's also got one of the best rapper names ever, being a mis-spelling of "ludicrous," which, more so than anything else, describes this rapper perfectly.
- Fabolous. You might not like his songs, and granted, not many people do, but you have to admit that this guy has style. The best way to flaunt your style, it seems, is to give yourself a name like, well, this one.
- Ghostface KIllah. Part of the Wu-Tang Clan, arguably the most famous rap group of all time, Ghostface Kiillah easily has one of the best rapper names ever.
- Outkast. This is another one of the best rapper names ever because it perfectly describes the duo. Considering that they are a mix of musical styles that are neither here nor there, it makes sense that they are, in fact, outcasts from the genres which shaped them. More so than a misnomer, Outkast is a blending of different styles that doesn't show its fusion by shoving it down your face.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
What You Can Learn From Your Date’s Outfit—Including How Luc...
From the daddy’s girl to the free spirit to the trendsetter, we’ve got you covered.
10 Reasons Your Wife Is Unhappy in Your Marriage
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.