Although Bob Marley may be the best known reggae artist, these 10 best reggae albums prove that the genre is filled with amazing vocalists and musicians. The genre of reggae music began in Jamaica and the majority of the genre's best known and loved artists are from the country. Be sure to listen to the incredible vocals and melodies on these 10 best reggae albums.
- "Catch a Fire" by Bob Marley and the Wailers. The major label debut from The Wailers is one of the best reggae albums out there. The album features one of the best known songs of the group, "Stir It Up."
- "The Harder They Come" by Jimmy Cliff. This soundtrack album features an incredible amount of hits, making it certainly one of the best reggae albums. Some top tracks from the album include "Rivers Of Babylon" by the Melodians" and "Pressure Drop" by Toots & The Maytals.
- "Marcus Garvey" by Burning Spear. Burning Spear is a roots reggae legend. His album "Marcus Garvey" is considered one of the best reggae albums by many with its powerful reggae tunes.
- "Blackheart Man" by Bunny Wailer. "Blackheart Man" was Bunny Wailer's debut solo album and is also one of the best reggae albums ever. The album proved Bunny Wailer as a solo artist after he left the Wailers.
- "King Tubbys Meets Rockers Uptown" by Augustus Pablo. This album by Augustus Pablo and King Tubby is an essential dub album. The key track off of the album is "King Tubby Meets Rockers Uptown" a definitive dub song.
- "'Til Shiloh" by Buju Banton. Buju Banton's fourth album marked his international breakthrough. This dancehall album is full of powerful beats and lyrics that announce the artist's newfound beliefs in regard to the Rastafari movement.
- "Legalize It" by Peter Tosh. "Legalize It" was Peter Tosh's first album as a solo artist. Peter Tosh, an original founder of The Wailers, showed that he, too, shined as a solo artist.
- "Heart of the Congos" by The Congos. "The Heart of the Congos" produced by legendary Lee "Scratch" Perry is the best known album by the reggae vocal group. The singers distinctive vocals give originality to this talented reggae group.
- "Satta Massagana" by The Abyssinians. This classic album from the roots reggae group The Abyssinians is one of the best reggae albums. The Rastafarian trio's signature song "Satta Massagana" has become a legendary reggae song.
- "Night Nurse" by Gregory Issacs. Containing the notable title track that became the signature song of the album, "Night Nurse" is surely one of the best reggae albums. Gregory Issacs smooth vocals stand out in his delivering of this signature track.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
What You Can Learn From Your Date’s Outfit—Including How Luc...
From the daddy’s girl to the free spirit to the trendsetter, we’ve got you covered.
10 Reasons Your Wife Is Unhappy in Your Marriage
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.