Brooklyn is bustling with amazing restaurants, so selecting the top10 Brooklyn restaurants was no easy task. Whether you are a New Yorker looking for a new dining experience in Brooklyn, or visiting Manhattan for the first time, these top 10 restaurants are not to be missed.
1. Blue Ribbon Brasserie – Located in Park Slope, Blue Ribbon Brasserie leads the list of top 10 restaurants in Brooklyn. Featuring a large oyster bar and an array of seafood options, Blue Ribbon is open every night for dinner. If you’re not a fan of seafood, do not worry; Blue Ribbon offers chicken and beef entrees as well. Blue Ribbon Brasserie: 280 5th Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11215.
2. Applewood – With an emphasis on sustainability and quality, Applewood creates meals using only local ingredients. Applewood also features an onsite butcher and all meats are hormone and antibiotic-free. Though Applewood’s menu changes frequently, you can rest assured that every entrée is exceptional Applewood: 501 11th Street, Brooklyn, NY 11215.
3. DuMont – DuMont offers an exceptional dining atmosphere with an ever-changing menu focusing on the freshest ingredients available. DuMont features a beautiful outdoor dining area and full bar. Lunch and dinner is served throughout the week and brunch if offered on the weekend. DuMont: 432 Union Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11211.
4. Vinegar Hill House – Named for the neighborhood in which it resides, Vinegar Hill House serves seasonal American cuisine in a quaint atmosphere. The cast-iron chicken and country bread are definitely worth ordering. With only forty tables, reservations are highly recommended at this top 10 Brooklyn restaurant. Vinegar Hill House: 72 Hudson Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11201.
5. Grimaldi's Pizzeria – You simply can’t find better pizza than Grimaldi’s. Grimaldi’s is one of the few pizzerias that still use a coal-fired oven, creating a crisp and smoky crust. Make sure to bring a friend or two to Grimaldi’s as they do not sell pizza by the slice. Grimaldi’s is not simply a Brooklyn top 10 restaurant, it’s one of the top 10 pizzerias in America. Grimaldi’s Pizzeria: 19 Old Fulton Street, Brooklyn, NY, 11201.
6. Chestnut – With a focus on organic ingredients and simple entrees, Chestnut excels at creating an extraordinary dining experience in an unpretentious atmosphere. Chestnut offers nightly tasting menus with wine pairings as well as a seasonal menu. The trip to Carroll Gardens is well worth it to experience this top 10 Brooklyn restaurant. Chestnut: 271 Smith Street, Brooklyn, NY 11201.
7. Chai Home Kitchen – Incredibly small, even by Brooklyn standards, Chai serves delectable Thai cuisine in an elegant atmosphere. While all of the dishes at Chai are superb, the Home Style Peanut Dumplings and Pad Kratiem are not to be missed. Open for lunch and dinner, Chai is an excellent and affordable restaurant making it into the Brooklyn top 10 list. Chai Home Kitchen: 124 N. 6th Street, Brooklyn, NY 11211.
8. Peter Luger Steakhouse – When it comes to steaks, no one compares to Peter Luger. Peter Luger has been the top-rated steakhouse in New York for the past 26 years. Every menu item at Peter Luger is a winner, however the porterhouse and creamed spinach are particularly delicious. When you visit Peter Luger, make sure to take lots of cash; the restaurant does not take credit cards. Peter Luger Steakhouse: 178 Broadway, Brooklyn, NY 11211.
9. Enid’s – While there are a number of comfort food restaurants in Brooklyn, none compare to Enid’s. Enid’s is open for lunch and dinner, serving such delicacies as crispy fried chicken and a baked macaroni and cheese that is heavenly. Enid’s serves brunch on the weekend, however expect a long wait if you do not arrive early. Enid’s: 560 Manhattan Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11222.
10. iCi – ICi is a delightful French bistro located in Fort Greene. Seasonal comfort food made with ecologically sound ingredients is the primary focus at iCi. ICi also features a beautiful outdoor dining area. iCi: 246 Dekalb Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11205.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.