10 Best Restaurants Near Boston Opera House
Listing ten best restaurants near the Boston Opera House is a sampling of the diverse types of food and menus available. When attending a show at the Boston Opera House, you can also go to these restaurants before and/or after the performance. The historic Boston Opera House has a magnificent atmosphere, and the restaurants which surround it are no different.
- Fajitas & 'Ritas has some of the best margaritas in Boston. You can enjoy the frosty "ritas" and sizzling fajitas if you want just appetizers. But if you desire more food, order the generous portions of Texas and barbecue cuisine. Located at 25 West Street, Boston, MA 02111.
- Davio's is an elegant restaurant with high-quality steaks, seafood, pasta and desserts in a warm, yet vibrant atmosphere. A house specialty is the sirloin steak with mashed goat cheese potatoes and roasted corn salsa. Located at 75 Arlington St., Boston, MA 02116.
- Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar is another exceptional restaurant. Along with their aged prime beef, fresh seafood, appetizers, chops, salads, sides and wonderful desserts, you can choose from 100 wines by the glass or from a world-class wine list. Located at 217 Stuart St., Boston, MA 02116.
- Legal Sea Foods will give you your Boston seafood fix. Their specialties include a stuffed lobster bake, a crab cake combo with bowl of clam chowder, salmon with pimento, lobster rolls and much more. When it is time for dessert, drool over their bananas foster or warm chocolate pudding cake. Located at 26 Park Square, Boston, MA 02116.
- Maggiano's is an excellent choice for Italian food. Appetizers include a pear and gorgonzola bruschetta, calamari, or stuffed mushrooms. Recommended main courses are the gnocchi, chicken parmesan, mushroom ravioli, butternut squash ravioli, chicken and truffle tortellacci, or the Italian short ribs. For dessert you may have to choose from pumpkin cheesecake or puff pastry with ice cream. Located at 4 Columbus Ave., Boston, MA 02116.
- Chau Chow City is the place for Chinese dim dum. Also try their sauteed pea pod stems in garlic sauce, roast pork with fried bean curd and big slices of fresh garlic, turnip cakes with a special sauce, or a steamed bun with barbecue pork. Located at 83 Essex St., Boston, MA 02111.
- The Q Restaurant has Japanese Chinese cuisine in a hip atmosphere with a tropical fish tank and blue bubbles. Combos with meat, lamb, or fish choices are the specialty, and most tables have built-in burners. The steamed pot stickers have great dumplings. Lunch specials are only $8.99 and come with meat, fresh veggies, and noodles. Located at 660 Washington St., Boston, MA 02111.
- Stoddard's Fine Food & Ale is a traditional American restaurant and bar. The decor includes street lamps lining the bar, a tin roof, and a "speakeasy" entrance. Try a quail duck pheasant ragout, chicken pot pie, lobster scallion hush puppies, or ham grits. Located at 48 Temple Place, Boston, MA 02111.
- The Finale Desserterie & Bakery has sensational desserts. They are created like beautiful works of art using the finest ingredients. These desserts are made in the middle of the dining room on a stage with overhead mirrors so you can watch every step! Then they are served in candlelight with linen napkins as you sit on velvet seating! Located at 1 Columbus Ave., Boston, MA 02116.
- The Eldo Cake House is an authentic Chinese bakery that you just cannot miss out on when in Boston. The prices are incredibly cheap while the selections are outstanding. The Napoleon has cream, walnuts, and flaky layers. There are airy sponge cakes with whipped cream, chestnut cream cakes, pineapple and coconut cakes, or the strawberry cake with fresh strawberries and a light frosting. You can also get a barbecue pork turnover that is delicious and buttery. Located at 36 Harrison Ave., Boston, MA 02111.