The list of the 10 best restaurants near Disney World includes a wide variety of family-friendly places. As the most popular tourist destination on the planet, central Florida is home to many eateries. While they don’t necessarily focus on being the best cuisine in the world, they do try to provide good food for a good value in a fun atmosphere.
- The Venetian Room. This restaurant is in the Caribe Royal hotel and is definitely one of the best restaurants near Disney World. It is also one of the priciest, but if you like fine dining and an escape from the noise of the parks, this is the place for you. Don’t miss the duck a l’orange or the grand Marnier soufflé at dessert. Jackets are suggested. 8101 World Center Drive, Orlando.
- Tuscany's Ristorante. This restaurant, one of the best restaurants near Disney World, offers authentic Tuscan cuisine prepared by chefs trained at the Autica Posta Restaurant in Italy. Valet parking is offered at this eatery that will set you back up to $50 per person, but you’ll enjoy the organic meats and doting service. Located at the Orlando World Center Marriott Resort, 8701 World Center Drive, Orlando.
- Bahama Breeze. This is a chain restaurant, but is still one of the best restaurants near Disney World. This seafood eatery is a great laid-back place for a family to take a break from park food, and the coconut shrimp is not to be missed, nor are some of the fantastic cocktails, like the spicy mango mojito. A kids’ menu has its own smoothies. 8849 International Drive, Orlando.
- Falafel Moroccan Restaurant. This restaurants serves traditional Middle Eastern food in a delightful setting, designed to feel as though you’re in a tent in the dessert. If the belly dancer isn’t enough—and she is enough, really—the hariras soup or lamb tagine should be. Also unique here, a hookah lounge for up to six people. 13605 S Apopka Vineland Road, Orlando.
- Johnnie's Hideaway. Johnnie's is just minutes from Disney’s maingate and is one of the best restaurants near Disney World. Traditional American food is served here, with aged steaks, seafood fondue, and lobster served a variety of ways. The restaurant is only open for dinner, is casual, and accepts reservations. 12551 State Rd 535, Orlando.
- Black Angus Steak House. As you can imagine from the name, this place is a serious steak house with some seafood thrown in. The black diamond and filet are two of the house specialties on the slim menu. The dining room is kid friendly, the dress casual, and specialty drinks like the Black Augustini and Frozen Monkey a must-have. 7516 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Kissimmee.
- Landry's Seafood House. Landry’s is a bit of Louisiana dropped into Florida, and is one of the best restaurants near Disney World. Offering Gulf Coast-style cooking, with gumbo and crawfish bisque being two good dishes here. For the kids, a balloon-animal maker does the rounds. 8800 Vineland Ave, Orlando.
- Andiamo. Kids under five eat free at this Italian bistro, specializing in homemade ravioli and other pasta creations. The scampi con pesto and pork osso bucco are winners here, and the drink menu includes several wines and such delights as the Florida Melon and Three Chocolate Martini. 1751 Hotel Plaza Boulevard, Lake Buena Vista.
- Chevy’s Fresh Mex. Chevy’s is a great vacation restaurant that offers a nice alternative to the parks. It’s a chain restaurant that offers standard Tex-Mex cuisine in a fun atmosphere that’s good for kids. And it won’t empty your wallet. The kids meal comes with ice cream. 12547 State Road 535, Orlando.
- Miller's Ale House Restaurants. Miller’s has a good lunch special deal, where three different entrees are offered for right around $5. The ribs are good, and the bistro burger—topped with bacon and an onion ring and served on ciabatta—is mouth watering. 6141 S Semoran Blvd, Orlando.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
13 Pro Wrestling Tales Too Crazy to be True—But They Are!
Because the gnarliest stuff happens when the cameras are off.