In a city renowned for its food, it's hard to pick 10 best restaurants near the Eiffel Tower, even if you use a narrow interpretation of "near." But whether it's seafood or fowl, from stuffed cabbage to hamburgers, you can find a whole gastronomical world within steps of one of the most iconic landmarks in the world.
- Le Jules Verne It doesn't get much "nearer" to the Eiffel Tower than in the tower itself. Its own elevator takes you up to the second level of the tower to this Alain Ducasse restaurant, which has earned one Michelin star. Bring a heavy wallet and reserve your table several months in advance if you want to sit by the window for the amazing views of Paris. Le Jules Verne: 5 Avenue Anatole France, Paris, France 75007.
- Le Florimond This tiny space is one of the best restaurants near the Eiffel Tower with a homey feel and servers who care if your meal is good. It is noted for its amazing stuffed cabbage. Le Florimond: 19 Avenue de la Motte Picquet, Paris, France 75007.
- La Fontaine de Mars Nestled on a quiet street, La Fontaine de Mars and its spacious terrace have been around since 1908. It specializes in the duck-heavy cuisine of southwestern France, including cassoulet and foie gras. La Fontaine de Mars: 129 Rue Saint-Dominique, Paris, France 75007.
- Vin et Maree The name of this restaurant near the Eiffel Tower basically means "wine and fresh fish," which is a pretty good summary of the menu. It does offer a couple of beef and poultry dishes if you're more of a landlubber. Vin et Maree: 71 Avenue de Suffren, Paris, France 75007.
- Bistrot Le P'tit Troquet The food at this small, family-run restaurant is widely noted for its great quality and reasonable prices, something that's hard to find as close to a huge tourist attraction as it is. Bistrot Le P'tit Troquet: 28 Rue de l'Exposition, Paris, France 75007.
- La Terrasse du 7eme Named for the arrondissement, or district, where it is located, La Terrasse is unusual among French restaurants because it is huge with tons of seating inside and out, and it is open until 1:30 a.m. The food is good but not exceptional, but if you're longing for a taste of home, the hamburgers fill the bill. La Terrasse du 7eme: 2 Place de l'Ecole Militaire, Paris, France 75007.
- L'Ami Jean L'Ami Jean, one of the best restaurants near the Eiffel Tower, specializes in food from the Basque country in the south of France and spilling over into Spain. The most noted dish from this region is poulet Basquaise, chicken roasted with peppers. L'Ami Jean: 27 Rue Malar, Paris, France 75007.
- Le Suffern This restaurant is another one noted for its price-to-quality ratio, offering a range of classic French dishes. Le Suffern: 84 Avenue de Suffern, Paris, France, 75015
- Le Pere Claude "Father Claude" isn't just a restaurant—offering a wide variety of meat, poultry and fish dishes—but it has an adjoining grocery, where you can take home fresh food to prepare yourself. Le Pere Claude: 51 Avenue de la Motte Picquet, Paris, France 75015.
- Le Malakoff For the last of the best restaurants near the Eiffel Tower, cross the Seine from the tower and settle in a Le Malakoff at Place Trocadero. Heat lamps let you enjoy the outdoor seating even when it's chilly and from there you have a perfect view of the Eiffel Tower. Go in the evening so you can catch the tower "sparkle" with thousands of white lights every hour on the hour. The food is hearty and varied with a huge menu to suit any taste. Le Malakoff: 6 Place du Trocadero et du 11 Novembre, Paris, France 75016.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.
21 Hairstyles Women Love
Female experts reveal the ’dos that drive them wild.