Naming the 10 best restaurants near London Bridge gives quite a variety of ethnic cuisine and enjoyable eating experiences. You do not have to go far from London Bridge to find the type of food that you are anxious to eat to make you feel like you are at home or to try for the first time. The London Bridge area is in the heart of London and is a historical district with many attractions, world-class hotels, and magnificent views.
- The George Inn gives visitors a feeling of Ye Olde Englande, especially from the outside, where you can view this galleried coaching inn on a cobbled courtyard. The interior of this upstairs restaurant is not as interesting as the outside, but you can partake lagers and wine as well as the typical pub grub of fish and chips, bangers and mash, and more. (77 Borough High St., London SE1 1NH)
- Vivat Bacchus gives an unusual treat with a South African menu that features pan-fried scallops, roast springbok haunch, tapas, pork pies, and international platters. This is also a treasured place for wine and cheese fans who are welcome to view the red and white cellars. There are also dairy delights in the fromagerie. (4 Hays Lane, London SE1 2HB)
- Auberge Tooley Street offers French-inspired cuisine plus nibbles and New World wine or Belgian beer in the bar. Dishes include braised lamb shank, a seafood brochette, mussels prepared many ways, or a rib-eye sandwich. Try a lemon tart for dessert. (35 Tooley Street, London SE1 2QJ)
- Dim T is the place for pan-Asian dim sum, Thai green curry, teriyaki noodles, fried rice, oriental teas, and more. Cocktails such as a Mandarin mojito are a good value. The colors, wood, and decor have a sophisticated look. (2 More London Place, London SE1 2DP)
- Roast, in the beautiful Floral Hall, is the place for a fine British gourmet feast of Loch Etive trout, lamb's sweetbreads, an excellent beef pot roast or Banham chicken with Ayrshire bacon. The Roast is also known for its breakfast and perhaps the town's best fish and chips. On Sunday, enjoy live jazz in this lively restaurant near London Bridge. (Stoney St., London SE2 1TL)
- Tapas Brindisa is a chance to enjoy an authentic Spanish tapas small restaurant that reminds one of Barcelona. The hot tapas are changed on a regular basis and may include clams with bacon and butter beans or spinach with raisins and pine nuts. There are Gordal olives and Marcona almonds as well as perhaps a glass of Rioja or fino sherry. (18-20 Southwark St., London SE1 1TJ)
- Feng Sushi is a high quality Japanese chain with a large menu including adventurous specials such as warm eel with teriyaki sauce, spicy baby squid soup with noodles along with the usual California rolls, spicy tuna rolls, prawn tempura, and more. The food is innovative and very fresh. (13 Stoney St., London SE1 9AD)
- Wright Brothers is a small cozy hideaway across from the Borough Market and close to London Bridge. It boasts of the freshest oysters in town along with beef and Guinness pie with oysters, potted prawns, deviled whitebait, dressed crab, and other seafood specials. (11 Stoney St., London SE1 9AD)
- Constancia takes you to a traditional friendly Argentinean grill. Succulent huge-portion entrees include a slab of rib-eye with a zingy sauce or a mixed grill of sirloin, sausages, and provolone cheese. Garlic and parsley chips are a specialty, and there is a Malbec-heavy wine list . (52 Tanner St., London SE1 3PH)
- Menier Chocolate Factory, which was once a chocolate factory, always offers a delicious chocolate option in its desserts if you are near London Bridge and want to indulge. Delicacies on their menu also include a roasted Mediterranean vegetable and salsa salad, hand-cut chips, Scottish salmon, a zucchini and feta fritter, and a porterhouse steak with garlic butter, (53 Southwark St., London SE1 1RU)
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.