Narrowing down the 10 best restaurants near Paddington in London is no easy task since this area of central London offers a wide variety of establishments that can appeal to almost any taste and budget. And if your sense of Paddington is based on the "Paddington Bear" children's stories, you're in for a surprise when you visit this neighborhood, which is technically part of the City of Westminster in London. There is, granted, a Paddington Bear statue, but there's so much more. And if you explore the area, you're bound to run into one of these restaurants near Paddington.
- Garfunkel's There are several Garfunkel's restaurants throughout central London, but the one on Praed Street will satisfy your hunger if you've been padding about Paddington. The atmosphere is casual and the menu is about as varied as you'll see with entrees ranging from standard British fare like fish and chips to enchiladas to Thai green curry. The salad bar alone is worth the visit. If you want to eat healthy, the unlimited salad bar will do you just fine.
- Bizzarro Sure it sounds like something weird like a reverse-style restaurant where you have dessert first. Actually, Bizzarro is an awesome Italian restaurant that offers a mix of seating areas to suit the weather and your mood. There's a terrace section to enjoy the outdoors and the city view in good weather, as well as cozier quarters downstairs. And the food is authentic Italian with the North and South well represented.
- Frontline It's part restaurant, part hub for journalists to discuss and debate the big issues of the day. Check out the restaurant for contemporary British cuisine, but see what else is happening inside on a particular night. It could be a reading, a panel discussion or something else that is bound to be current, controversial and fascinating.
- ASK Just south of the Paddington Underground stop is ASK, one of several in the chain of casual restaurant that serves some amazing gourmet pizzas and other exquisite dishes.
- Golden Shalimar This establishment, easily one of the best restaurants near Paddington, claims to be the oldest Indian restaurant in the Paddington area, having been in business since 1956. Whether your Indian tastes run from Bhuna to Say to Korma, the Golden Shalimar tries to cater to them all. Just make sure to ask for hot or mild curry, depending on how adventurous you are that day.
- Thai River Paddington Just down Chilworth Street from the Paddington Underground station is Thai River, an established local favorite for Thai enthusiasts. The atmosphere is casual and relaxed.
- Aberdeen Steak House Right in the heart of Paddington is one of the best steakhouses in London. It's a little pricey, but worth it if you're looking for a nice, mouth-watering steak and a great British beer.
- San Marco Ristorante and Pizzeria If you're in the mood for pizza, seafood linguini, lemon sole or any great Italian dish, you can find it at San Marco. It's situated amid some hotels in the area, so you're likely to run into other travelers. It's a small, casual place and you may find yourself returning there if you're staying in Paddington for a few nights.
- The Brasserie Located in the Hilton London Paddington Hotel, The Brasserie features Mediterranean cuisine in a pretty upscale setting.
- Angelus A few blocks south of Paddington is one of the only French restaurants in the area. Angelus features delicious food served up like works of art. And the wine list is endless, though thankfully there's a nice range in prices, from the ridiculous to the affordable.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
Because for women, denim is truth serum.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”