Finding the 10 best restaurants near Royal Albert Hall in London isn't too tough. Located in the upscale Knightsbridge section of the City of Westminster, London, the internationally known performing arts venue attracts bands, singers, plays and the traditional summer Proms concert series. If your evening includes a performance at the esteemed theater, be sure to make the event especially memorable with a meal at one of the best restaurants near the Royal Albert Hall.
- Cafe Consort You can't get closer to the action at Royal Albert Hall than this place. Cafe Consort, located on the Grand Tier level of the Hall, is open during the day and for dinner before evening performances. The restaurant offers full meals, light offerings and a children's menu. Young jazz musicians are often brought in for brunches and other meals.
- Coda The fine dining option on level three of Albert Hall. Coda has a contemporary design and menu that features such gourmet options as lemon sole and roast guinea fowl.
- Elgar Also located on the Albert Hall's third level, Elgar is a little hipper with art on the walls, recognizing some of the rock legends who have performed there in the past 50 years. The menu tends to be lighter and simpler with options like fish and chips and appetizers including baked Portobello mushrooms.
- Da Mario The essence of Southern Italian cooking is alive and well at this restaurant that also includes a small dance floor that's packed on weekends. The restaurant is less than a mile from Royal Albert Hall and features pizza, pasta and a homemade tiramisu that is out of this world.
- Bistro 190 Queen's Gate Located at the Gore Hotel, just a couple of blocks southwest of Royal Albert Hall, Bistro 190 Queen's Gate has special menus for Albert Hall ticketholders who want pre- or post-event meals. The restaurant also has one of the coolest bars in London. It was the setting for the filming of the Rolling Stones' "Beggar's Banquet," a long-shelved promotional film that included appearances by John Lennon, The Who and Eric Clapton.
- The Queens Arms One of the better pubs in Kensington and less than a mile from Royal Albert Hall, the Queens Arms has outstanding pub food, a wide variety of ales, beers and spirits, along with an atmosphere that is always alive and energetic. It's not a big place, but if you can find a good booth or a seat by the window, you should be in for a great meal and a fun time.
- The Polish Club – Ognisko Restaurant The first floor includes a large bar, but the elegant restaurant upstairs overlook beautiful gardens. The menu has a decidedly Polish flare, but the entrees are familiar enough to everyone to offer splendid choices to discerning patrons. The Ognisko has become a popular place for wedding receptions, so be sure to call ahead to make sure it's available on the night you're looking to visit the Royal Albert Hall.
- Pasha The food and decor, as well as the continuous serving of food reflects the North African culture that inspired this Gloucester Road favorite. Everything is plush and a faint scent of incense just adds to the exotic environment. Feeling adventurous? Try Pasha, easily one of the best restaurants near the Royal Albert Hall.
- 170 Queen's Gate This restaurant is more designed for large groups and conferences, but it still can handle even a large family or a few couples in for dinner before a concert or play at the nearby Royal Albert Hall.
- Launceston Place The best of British cuisine, often with a contemporary flair, is available at Launceston Plac, where Head Chef Tristan Welch has established his restaurant as one of the finest in Kensington.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."