The 10 best ringtones for 2008 were mostly hip hop songs. Sprinkle in a little bit of pop and the list is overwhelming with club songs. Whenever your cell phone rings, you want to hear a song that brings something out in you. These ringtones are no exception.
- "I'm So Hood" by DJ Khaled ft. T Pain, Trick Daddy, Rick Ross, and Plies. This ringtone brings together so many artists from different hoods in the country. Everyone with a cell phone comes from a place they like to be proud of. This ringtone blasts loud from cell phones across many hoods and people love being able to brag about their hood.
- "Clumsy" by Fergie. Fergie's solo album didn't fall on silent ears. The song "Clumsy" is all about being in love and falling everywhere because of it. This song is a great ringtone for 2008 because of its digital and catchy beat.
- "Duffle Bag Boy" by Playaz Circle ft. Lil' Wayne. Having a ringtone like this one blast from your pocket or purse shows that you don't mess around. With glorious bells ringing in the background, "Duffle Bag Boy" is all about getting things done—whether they are illegal or not. This ringtone was huge in 2008 and showed everyone that hustling is the average game in a horrible economy.
- "Party Like A Rock Star (Totally Dude)" by Shop Boyz. This ringtone made anyone with it look like they party professionally. The song burst onto the scene in 2008 and hit clubs hard with its guitar riffs. Its hip hop meets metal. It spans several genres and doubled its happy listeners.
- "Shawty is Da… (10)" by The Dream. With a low key piano keeping the beat in the background, this ringtone comes blasting out of the speakers of a phone. It has an old school feel and is all about loving the one you're with. This ringtone combined sweet melodies and bits of rapping that melt together and made 2008's ringtones a little bit classier.
- "Bed" by J. Holiday. Never has a ringtone oozed sexuality like this song. J. Holiday sings about putting his lover to bed while keeping everyone else up while they fantasize about it. In 2008, this ringtone woke up everyone and acted like a shot of espresso during those late night adventures.
- "Hate That I Love You" by Rihanna. Rihanna's beautiful voice is the perfect ringtone in 2008. She sings about loving someone so much she hates it. Maybe people with a ringtone know exactly what she is singing about.
- "Apologize" by Timbaland ft. OneRepublic. Whenever the soft voice of OneRepublic sneaks up onto its listeners, it's always bittersweet. They joined forces with Timbaland and added an incredible beat to this amazing ballad. As a ringtone, it was a surprise success in 2008.
- "Shut Up And Drive" by Rihanna. Rihanna made another ringtone smash with this song. Its all about driving and, metaphorically speaking, going the distance. This song has a lot of sass and hints of old school rock riffs as its foundation.
- "Soulja Girl" by Soulja Boy Tell 'Em. Soulja Boy Tell 'Em surprised everyone with a sweet little love song. This ringtone has a great, mellow chorus with sweet twinkling sounds met by Soulja Boy's famous "YOU" chanting. 2008's ringtones were all about partying, but this song is all about partying with the right one.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!