10 Best Road Race Bikes
In the European nations, road race cycling competitions and have been extremely popular for more than a century and now its time to learn about the 10 best road race bikes. Competitions like the Tour de France, Giro d’Italia and the Vuelta a Espana have helped to ignite passion for this sport in cycling enthusiasts all over the world. However, anyone who is serious about road cycling racing, for whatever reason, will need to properly equip themselves before they begin their own amateur or professional career. If you want to have the best road cycling racing experience, you need to be familiar with the 10 best road race bikes available to you on the market.
- One of the favorite road race bike manufacturers is Colnago. Specifically, the Colnago C-50 is a bike produced by this company and this style is preferred by champions. Five-time Tour de France winner, Eddy Merckx and three time Paris-Roubaix champion, Johan Museeuw are just two of the most well-known road cycling champions who have raced these Colnago models to the finish line as winners.
- The Trek Madone 6.9. This road race bike model is a top-of-the-line style in manufacturing for the Trek bike company. Lance Armstrong has chosen this bike for his Tour de France competitions and went on to victory riding this model seven consecutive times.
- The Cervelo R3 SL. The professional cycling team known as CSC helped to bring recognition to the Cervelo name. The Cervelo R3 SL is a great road race bike model because of its durability, light weight and incredible shock absorption.
- Specialized road bike models are always an excellent road bike choice, especially the Specialized Tarmac SL3 Module. Specialized Tarmac models have helped professionals to secure world championships and Tour de France Green Jersey wins.
- As a top American road racing bike manufacturer, GT Bikes are also top-of-the-line. GT Bikes offer cyclists high end composite frames with a design that is made for maximum speed.
- Museeuw road race bikes. Johan Museeuw, whom was fore mentioned, is a well known name when it comes to the world classic road races of Europe. This cycling legend now manufacturers his own amazing line of road race bikes that are nothing short of perfection.
- The Falcon light weight, hybrid bike may not be one that is well known to all road cycling enthusiasts, but it is worth consideration. The Falcon light weight model is well known for being compact, light weight and also offers a power gear ring of 68/54t.
- Marin road race bikes are yet another great choice for road cycling enthusiasts. This manufacturer utilizes 3-D computer design software to boost the effectiveness of their bikes. With the help of technology, Marin is able to produce some of the most durable, light weight and award winning machines.
- One of the giants in manufacturing road race bike parts, 3T, or Turin Tube Technology, was started by a man by the name of Ambrosio Dedioniggi and one helper. While 3T is not well known for road bike models, they are well known for their manufacturing of exceptional wheels, handle bars and other bike parts. If you want a truly quality road race bike, you will want to invest in 3T parts or invest in a road bike with 3T parts already installed.
Continental road race bikes are an excellent choice. Whether you are touring or riding in the mountains, Continental road race bikes are exceptional pieces of machinery. Continental road race bikes are well known for their durable tires, which are incredibly advantageous when moving at high speeds on the pavement or in rough terrain off-road. The bike frame and other Continental road bike parts will be of the same high quality as the tires.