10 Best Road Racing Bicycles
Knowing the 10 best road racing bicycles will help you to narrow down your choice if you want to be a serious racer. Each road racing bicycle is unique in their features as each person will have their individual needs. The best road racing bicycle for one person may be a crappy ride for another. These bikes are generally considered to be among some of the best road racing bicycles in the world. You better have a fat wallet.
- Trek Madone 6.9. This is the same bike that Lance Armstrong rides. If you want the best of the best and money is no object, then the Trek Madone 6.9 with the OCLV Red Carbon frame and carbon wheels is possible your best bet.
- Specialized Tarmac SL3 D12. This road racing bicycle is very lightweight. The frame is made up of a 4 piece, high mod, carbon fiber. This means that the bike is not only light, but also rides great. If money is not an object, then test ride this bike. It may be too light for you!
- Pinarello Prince. The Pinarello Price is considered by many to be the best road racing bicycle in the world. Bicycle USA chose the Pinarello Prince as the best road racing bicycle in the world for 2008 and 2009. If you can afford it, nothing beats the feel of a Pinarello Prince.
- Giant TCR Advanced SL Rabo. If you want to race with what the pros are racing in the Tour De France, then the Giant TCR Advanced is the bike to consider. This bike is among the 10 best road racing bicycles. This is the road racing bicycle that team Rabobank rides in the Tour De France.
- Scott Addict RC. This bike is ridden by team Columbia-HTC. The Scott Addict RC has carbon everywhere. The frame, the dropouts, the front derailleur and even the cable stops are molded of carbon. The Scott Addict has a frame weight of only 1.74 pounds making this the lightest frame of all the road racing bicycles.
- Cannondale Supersix Hi-Mod Ultimate. The Cannondale Supersix is an extremely lightweight bike that is also very stiff. You can feel the road conditions change the same as you can with an aluminum frame.
- Marin Stelvio Dura-Ace. This bicycle is a great deal for the money. It costs a lot with a retail price of $5,250, but it is a bargain compared to some of the other top 10 road racing bicycles. You get a full carbon monocoque frame that is lightweight.
- Bianchi 928 SL Super Record. The Bianchi 928 SL Super Record is a bike born for the peloton. If you can afford it, then this bike will help you to race professionally, or at least make you look really cool on your local rides.
- Felt AR1 Team Issue. This bike uses top quality carbon fiber throughout the entire bicycle. The wheelset uses the top of the line Mavic Cosmic Carbone Ultimate for extremely lightweight wheels.
Specialized S-Works Tarmac SL2 Dura-Ace. No top 10 road racing bicycles list is complete without the Specialized Tarmac. The Specialized Tarmac is a proven winner with a design that only gets better each year.