Are you wondering what the 10 best off-road trucks are? If you are into off-roading, you know having a quality built, reliable truck is essential. If you enjoy trail riding and mudding, you know a few of nature's obstacles you will contend with are the natural slope of the terrain with rocks and deep mud. These trucks not only perform, but make the job look easy.
- Land Rover, Defender The Defender series is also known as the 90 or 110. The series was in production through 1997. The 90's two-door model was altered in 1997 for emissions testing and came to us only in an automatic transmission. Still, the Rover's infamous gas-guzzling reputation was a nominal obstacle when trail riders want a monster to take on the terrain with ease.
- Ford F-150 SVT Raptor A wide body of off-road experience created by off-roaders, courtesy of Ford. The Boss engine is a must-have for any real off-roading with steep or twisty inclines.
- Jeep Wrangler Always a favorite of off-roaders, this six-speed manual can be customized to make it the best off-road truck experience you will ever have. The ability to increase the structural stiffness, available hard- or soft-top, and solid axles give the Wrangler its reputation. Upgrade to a rock krawler suspension for the complete package.
- Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road Whether you choose the automatic or manual transmission model, the Tacoma TRD is ready to haul. New and used Tacomas deliver a satisfying, controlled off-road riding experience through any terrain. Not bad on the gas mileage either.
- Jeep Grand Cherokee A V8 engine is a must with this truck if you want the complete off-roading capabilities. If you are considering buying a new model, check out the Quadra-Lift air suspension on the four-by-four models. New and used versions of this off-road truck with its long wheel base will continue to have their fans due to the Cherokees awesome handling abilities.
- Ford Super Duty Though the F-450 Lariat is mainly used in towing, this truck is ready to deliver in all conditions. The FX4 four-by-four with its electronic rear locking differential provides off-road traction in both modes. Its V8 diesel engine is sure to deliver excitement and satisfaction to all off-roaders.
- International MXT Although International dropped the line, if you are lucky enough to get your hands on one of these beasts, you are in for a treat. Extreme performance and excitement can be easy. Just modify this four-by-four diesel engine with a few basics for the best off-road truck experience of a lifetime.
- Hummer H3T Four-speed automatic or five-speed manual transmission with must-have optional 23" all-terrain tires make this steel frame beast a must-have for off-roading. Its a 300-horsepower truck with all-terrain capability.
- AMG Hummer H1 Alpha The GM diesel engine has two tanks plus increased gas mileage. The 300-horsepower in the Duramax 6600 brings enhanced climb-ability as well as crawling to off-road enthusiasts.
- Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 (2001) With its off-road suspension set up, the new four-wheel drive Silverado shows few changes from last year. Off-road testing participants state the ride is comfortable. The V8 engine is somewhat fuel efficient, steel bumpers are back in the design package and the AUTO system is still an option.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...
The Modern Gentleman’s Guide to Casual Sex
Studies show your fling has an assumption about how things will go. Prove them wrong.
How to End Awkward Handshakes
A short illustrated history of when to use what.