10 Best Robbery Movies
If you are looking for some high drama criminal affairs, these 10 best robbery movies are for you. The characters in these robbery movies come up with some of the most creative ways to get what they want and at any cost.
- “The Thomas Crown Affair” A bored billionaire decides to entertain himself by stealing artwork. A female detective is on to him. They spend the weekend together and you must wonder if she is objective enough to remember why she was onto him in the first place.
- “The Italian Job” There is no honor among thieves in this robbery movie when one of their gang members turn on the rest, even killing a fellow member. Fast forward a year later when the remaining members of the gang plot a heist to get revenge on the traitor and get the gold back.
- “Heat” A professional thief and a determined detective go head-to-head in this high-action robbery movie. Pacino and DeNiro play a serious game of cat of mouse in this robbery movie.
- “Ocean’s Eleven” In this robbery movie--the first of a line of sequels--Danny Ocean has big dreams to rob the three biggest casinos in Vegas. The MGM Grand, the Bellagio and the Mirage--all owned by his ex-wife’s new love interest, Tony Benedict.
- “Ocean’s Twelve” Terry Benedict wants his money back and gives Danny Ocean’s team two weeks to come up with the $160 million they stole from him. With a Europol agent hot on their heels, the team has to figure out how to do what needs to be done.
- “Ocean’s Thirteen” Getting ready to pull off the biggest heist of their careers, the Ocean crew is out for revenge. When a deal between Reuben and a shady businessman went south, the crew brings in Benedict, who has his own agenda, to fund the operation.
- “Inside Man” After taking 50 hostages, the four-man crew plays games with the hostage negotiator. A friend of the mayor wants to make them a deal so she can get inside a safe deposit box, but what can be so important inside the box that she is willing to give them $2 million and a short prison term?
- “The Score” Jazz club owner Nick Wells is a retired criminal. He is confronted with a heist that peaks his interests and can’t say no. Will everything go as planned?
- “The Dark Knight” The Joker is planning something big and only Batman can stop him. But does Batman know his limitations and can he stop the Joker before it is too late?
- “Swordfish” In this John Travolta robbery movie, a computer hacker must complete his biggest job yet when he is pulled into a dangerous plan. An ex-DEA operative is now running his own operation and needs the hacker to hack the government's computer and transfer billions of dollars.
Posted on: Oct. 19, 2010