The 10 best rock anthems ever have made crowds of thousands stand and stomp their feet in stadiums all over the world. Some of the 10 best rock anthems ever have gone on to be popular sports anthems as well. Turn up your stereo, throw your hands in the air and get ready to find out what are the 10 best rock anthems ever.
- Queen – "We Will Rock You" People seem to forget that the beat in the Queen classic anthem "We Will Rock You" is actually stomping feet and clapping hands. This is a live concert and sporting event favorite all over the world.
- Queen – "We Are The Champions" When a sports team anywhere in the world cliches their league championship title, you can expect to hear Queen's "We are the Champions" blasting through the stadium speakers. This song has become synonymous with the term "rock anthem" and deserves its spot on the list of 10 best rock anthems ever.
- Rush – "The Spirit of Radio" A rant against the commercialism of radio by the legendary band Rush has gone to become one of the 10 best rock anthems ever. Rush's request that it be more about the music and less about profit has hit a chord with music fans for generations.
- Judas Priest – "Living After Midnight" A good old-fashioned party song by the band Judas Priest finds its way on to the list of 10 best rock anthems ever. If you are at a party then there is a good chance that someone will start blasting this song on the stereo or start singing it a cappella.
- Steppenwolf – "Born To Be Wild" This classic song from the 1960's about driving on the open road deserves to be on the list of 10 best rock anthems ever. This is one of many hits by the band Steppenwolf in the early days of rock, but it stands as one of the earliest rock anthems ever.
- Kiss – "Rock And Roll All Nite" Kiss encourages their fans to rock and roll all night and party every day with this entry into the list of the 10 best rock anthems ever. This is one of the great rock and roll party songs ever written.
- Pink Floyd – "Another Brick In The Wall Part 2" When the Pink Floyd album "The Wall" came out in 1979, and this song hit the radio airwaves, it soon became the anthem for every kid that was sick of school.
- Twisted Sister – "We're Not Gonna Take It" Twisted Sister rallied their fans, and all fans of heavy metal, to stick their heads out the window and let the rest of the world know they were not going to take it anymore. Metal fans learned to crank their music loud with this rock anthem.
- Joan Jett and the Blackhearts – "I Love Rock And Roll" After getting rejected repeatedly by dozens of record labels, Joan Jett decided to release her debut album herself. The result was the release of the hit single and one of the 10 best rock anthems ever "I Love Rock and Roll."
- Lynyrd Skynyrd – "Freebird" When rock fans think of a great rock anthem, one of the songs that comes up repeatedly is the Lynyrd Skynyrd classic "Freebird."
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.