The 10 best rock bands of the 80's can only be a list of some of the best rock bands of the period, as the decade was home to many great bands, rock and otherwise. Here is a list of some of the best bands of that time and why they rocked.
- Quiet Riot tops this list because of their raw rock power. With songs like “Come On Feel The Noise” and “Metal Health,” this band made a name for themselves in the 80's. The band has had eleven studio albums, from the 70's through 2006, but their most memorable music came out of the 80's.
- Cinderella got their start in the 80's and wowed the world with lead singer Tom Keifer's scratchy vocals. The band had a blues sound, and made their name known with songs like “Gypsy Road,” “Don't Know What You Got (Till It's Gone)” and “Nobody's Fool.”
- Slaughter is considered an 80's band, though they did not really make a name for themselves until 1990. Their album of that year, “Stick It To Ya,” put them on this list of best 80's rock bands, because who did not live by the lyrics of “Up All Night?”
- Skid Row is definitely a best band of the 80's, and even though they are still kicking it today they have never been better than they were in the 80's. Part of what made this band was lead singer Sebastian Bach, who was out of the band in 1987. While he was their this song rocked out the original tunes like “18 and Life,” “I Remember You” and “Youth Gone Wild.”
- Hollywood glam band Warrant made a name for themselves in the mid-80's. They gave the world party songs like “Down Boys” and “D.R.F.S.R.” and they even shared a love song or two, including “Heaven.”
- Faster Pussycat is one of the best bands of the 80's, because no matter how big they weren't, they still acted big. They also still make music to this day, and have never changed their awesome 80's sound all that much. Favorite songs by Faster Pussycat usually include “House Of Pain” and “Where There's A Whip, There's A Way.”
- This English rock band got their start in the late 70's, but Whitesnake quickly became a popular band of the 80's. Lead by David Coverdale, Whitesnakes awesome 80's songs include “Still of The Night” and “Here I Go Again.”
- Europe is a Swedish rock band that made a name for themselves in the states in the 80's. They were a band of ballads and strong lyrics. Their third album, “The Final Countdown,” was their best and most popular release.
- Lita Ford was hot. Her music was awesome. What we love about her are her blond locks, her awesome chops and her ability to rock as good as any guy. She got her start with The Runaways, but she kicked butt on her own with songs like “Kiss Me Deadly” and “Close My Eyes Forever.”
- Vixen was a glam metal all female band of the 80's. Guys did not just love them because they were chicks who could rock, they also loved them because they were chicks that sounded good when they rocked. Vixen finishes out the list of best rock bands because of great songs like “Edge Of A Broken Heart” and “Cryin.”
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.