Through the years, many songs were written about breaking up, and these are 10 of the best rock breakup songs through the years. You may want to add some songs of your own that you can relate to. In the meantime, hopefully you will enjoy these rock breakup songs.
- “Lover’s Cross” by Jim Croce. The guy in this rock breakup song has decided that his girlfriend needs a guy who is a martyr which he doesn’t want to be. He tells her that he hopes she finds that super special guy she is looking for, but it isn’t him.
- “You’re No Good” by Bob Dylan. No matter what this guy does for his girl, she walks all over him. She takes his money and gives it to another man. She even locks him out of his own house. He realizes she is no good, and she just makes him so sad he wants to die.
- “Under My Thumb” by the Rolling Stones. This guy got tired of being pushed around by his girl so he turned the tables. He now has his girlfriend doing exactly what he wants her to do because he has her "under his thumb."
- “Gone, Gone, Gone” by Bad Company. This guy’s girl just left him, and he can’t make up his mind whether he is happy or sad about her leaving. She’s left him before, but she said that this time it was for good. He decides to do some drinking with the boys before she decides to come back.
- “Babe I’m Gonna Leave You” by Led Zeppelin. This guy is really confused because he keeps saying he’s going to leave his girl but in the next breath, he says he can never leave her. Throughout the breakup song he fluctuates back and forth so you don’t know whether he is going or staying.
- “Don’t Cry” by Guns ‘n Roses. The girlfriend is about to leave and her boyfriend is trying to make her feel better. He tells her not to cry, that he will remember all the good times they had. He tells her she will be all right and tomorrow will be a better day for her.
- “The One I Love” by R.E.M. This breakup song is facetiously toasting the one he loved where there really wasn’t any love at all. He admits to using her and others along the way.
- “Heartache Tonight” by The Eagles. This breakup song is dealing with the fact that no matter what goes on that night, someone is going to be hurt. It can’t be helped, no matter what you do, someone is going to be hurt that night.
- “Every Breath You Take” by Police. This guy tells his girl that he will be watching her every step of the way no matter what she is doing. He tells her that even though she has gone, no matter what she does, she still belongs to him.
- “Love Bites” by Def Leppard. This guy is trying to preserve himself by reminding himself and his girlfriend that “love bites.” He tries not to get too involved with her because he doesn’t want to be hurt. He’s not sure that she isn’t just playing a game with him.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.