Although the genre of "dance music" is dominated by electronic beat driven pop numbers or pulsating rap songs with thumping bass, there are plenty of great rock dance songs that have been recorded—including those on our following 10 best rock dance songs list. The best part of rock dance songs is that they can be easily incorporated into most playlists or jukebox selections and can easily change the mood of a night on the town. The best rock dance songs grab the crowd and put them on their feet before the first chorus begins. Your best rock dance numbers are not going to be the most appealing to music snobs who only enjoy obscure songs by unheard of bands, but rather songs that everyone knows as these tracks inherently lighten the mood and make for easy dancing.
- "Summer of '69" by Bryan Adams. Weather this specific year was chosen as a sexual reference or not matter very little when its blasting in the background as you dance with some attractive, energetic lady. Let's just say the '69 has meaning.
- "Dancing With Myself" by Billy Idol. Some say this song is about masturbation, but don't be a putz and you will not need to worry about that. Let your hands wander prudently on your lady friend as you dance to one of the best rock dance songs and you might just be able to rock the cradle of love. Just be wary of a woman looking for a white wedding because that could cost lots of money, money.
- "Footloose" by Kenny Loggins. Unless you have never heard of the six degrees of Kevin Bacon or kicked off your Sunday shoes then you have heard this song fro the iconic 1980s movie. How could the movie "Footloose" have not spawned one of the best rock dance songs of all time?
- "Jack & Diane" by John Mellencamp. The nostalgic imagery of this song and its trademark chord progression can make even the most reserved person want to grab a partner and dance. Just feel the changing vibe and grab the nearest lady (preferably good looking) the next time you hear this at your favorite watering hole.
- "You Shook Me All Night Long" by AC/DC. You're night of partying and dancing with the fairer sex has not begin until you hear one of the best dance rock songs of all time from AC/DC. This track can set the tone for a whole night if you play your cards right.
- "You Give Love a Bad Name" by Bon Jovi. What list of the best dance rock songs would be complete without an entry from New Jersey's favorite arena rock band?
- "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go" by Wham! Leave it to George Michael to deliver one of the best rock dance songs of the 1980s. If you have the right moves and a willing lady you'll be asking her to wake you up before she go goes. Otherwise, stay out of the public restrooms.
- "Jessie's Girl" by Rick Springfield. That cutie across the bar that has been eyeing you up probably has a boyfriend but at least it's not your friend Jessie's girl. Enjoy one of the best rock dance songs as she watches you with those eyes and holds you with those arms. Gain a girl and save a friendship.
- "Two Ticket to Paradise" by Eddie Money. This song starts out with a classic intro that lets you know its going be a fun, rollicking track and has been the background music as many sweet nothings have been whispered.
- "I Love Rock & Roll" by Joan Jett & the Blackhearts. This song is a dance loving girl's anthem. They will inevitably lead you to the dancefloor when this track erupts through the bar.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …