10 Best Rock Love Songs Of The 80's
Ranging from bad-ass rock ballads to sultry imports from the UK and Australia, here are the 10 best rock love songs of the 80's. The bands of the 80's produced some of the best rock love songs of all time.
- “Every Rose Has Its Thorn” by Poison was one of the most classic songs of the 80's. Front-man Bret Michaels' masterpiece celebrates the painful pleasure of love while rocking your socks off, making it one of the best rock love songs ever.
- “Sweet Child o Mine” features the classic vocals of Guns N' Roses lead singer, Axl Rose set to one of the most recognizable guitar riffs of the 80's.
- “Died In Your Arms” by Cutting Crew was another power ballad that still inspires covers and has fans singing along.
- “Keep On Loving You” by REO Speedwagon was another power ballad that has stood the test of time, but still has a distinctly 80's feel.
- “Every Breath You Take.” The Police is still one of the best-selling English bands in America, producing hit after hit and contributing some of the best rock love songs of the 80's. It's a bit more mellow than some of the power ballads on this list, and is a great make-out song to boot.
- “Waiting for a Girl Like You.” Foreigner's sultry hit only made it to number two on the Billboard Hot 100, but remained there for ten weeks.
- “Never Tear Us Apart." Another import band, this time from Australia, INXS front man Michael Hutchence crooned one of the sexiest tunes on the list.
- “Every Time You Go Away." This tear-jerker by Paul Young will make any woman swoon.
- “Without You" by Motley Crue is a rock love song with an edge, making it one of the most gut-wrenching ballads of the 80's.
- “Right Here Waiting." Richard Marx voices every woman's dream-to have her man always be there waiting.
Posted on: Dec. 14, 2010