10 Best Rock Love Songs
There have been many great hits over the years so choosing the 10 best rock love songs is no easy task. Some of the best singers and bands were in the mix, but after careful analysis here are the 10 best rock love songs of all time.
- "November Rain" Guns N Roses. Not the most cheerful entrant in the list of the 10 best rock songs of all time but an unforgettable classic that remains almost as popular today as it did when first released. Axl Rose does his screechy voiced best and few people will be unmoved by this hit.
- "One" U2. Bono and company have produced countless hits down the years but of all their efforts this is the song that tops the lot when it comes to naming the 10 best rock love songs. The simple but catchy tune remains a favorite among lonely drunks everywhere.
- "Unchained Melody" Righteous Brothers. This best rock love song was hugely popular in the 1960's but had a Renaissance in the 1980's and remains popular today. The crooning style of the brothers works perfectly for the genre.
- "Maggie May" Rod Stewart. This Rod Stewart song always seems to come on near closing time at pubs and bars around the world and always attracts a fair amount of interest among the karaoke crowd. Rod had some issues with the title character but it all helped to create one of the 10 best rock love songs of all time.
- "Everything I Do" Bryan Adams. The Canadian had huge success with this epic anthem in the early 1990's. It had a simple message "I am obsessed with you" and it became one of the 10 best rock love songs.
- "Up Where We Belong" Joe Cocker and Jennifer Warnes. You cannot talk about love songs from the 1980's without mentioning this over the top but memorable classic. The crackly voice of Cocker gives some depth to it and overall it is undoubtedly one of the 10 best rock love songs.
- "Angel" Aerosmith. Steven Tyler has had more than his fair share of ups and downs with the opposite sex and his trials and tribulations have lead to some great songs. This tear jerker tops the lot and is one of the 10 best love rock love songs.
- "I Want To Know What Love Is" Foreigner. OK so you find the girl of your dreams and you can try some cheesy lines on her or you can simply ask her to show you what love is. Brilliant. No doubt one of Foreigner's best and it makes the 10 best rock love songs of all time list too.
- "Is This Love" Whitesnake. Were people just in love more in the 1980's or was it just that hair bands produced a higher percentage of love songs? Either way Whitesnake hit all the right notes with this rock love song.
- "Always" Bon Jovi. The king of hair band rock, Bon Jovi completes our list of the 10 best rock love songs. This one is another moving melody and his powerful voice gets the tears flowing among the girls.
Posted on: Oct. 09, 2010