10 Best Rock Pump Up Songs
From professional sporting events to your own personal playlist, here are 10 of the best rock pump up songs. These rock songs are just the thing to get you energized and motivated for a big game or even just get ready to tackle a personal challenge. Add these songs to your next pump up mix for a bit of motivation and a whole lot of rock.
- "Rock and Roll Part 2" by Gary Glitter. This iconic song has long been used to get professional athletes in the mood to win, and is rumored to have debuted in the sports arena during the 1970's when the Colorado Rockies used the song to get fans on their feet and chanting.
- "Highway to Hell" by AC/DC. Released in 1979, this rock anthem is the ideal pump up song with its intense instrumentals and powerful lyrics. The high energy and easy to chant lyrics make this song a valuable asset to any rock pump up mix.
- "Juke Box Hero" by Foreigner. Besides the motivational lyrics which tell the story of a boy who longed to play guitar becoming a wildly successful musician, the instrumentals provide any listener with an added boost of energy. Blast this song and feel the stars in your eyes.
- "Blitzkrieg Bop" by The Ramones. This rock pump up songs is also a crowd pleasure with the familiar and easy to follow chant "Hey, Ho, Lets Go!" Not only will this song get you pumped up, but it will also invigorate the crowd for a double dose of motivation.
- "Another One Bites The Dust" by Queen. This classic 1980's rock song doubles as a motivational pump up song and a warning to your opponents that they are next to "bite the dust". Add this to any pump up playlist for a fun 1980's throw back and some good ol' fashioned trash talk.
- "Born to Be Wild" by Steppenwolf. Recorded in 1967 and commonly associated with motor sports such as racing, born to be wild is the ideal pump up song to get your engines revving. Even if you are jumping on the back of a motorcycle, this song will surely get you in the mood to dominate.
- "Takin' Care Of Business" by Bachman-Turner Overdrive. The name of this song says it all, why not get pumped up by repeating the mantra "takin' care of business'? Listening to this song before a big game will put you in the right frame of mind to get the job done.
- "Back in the Saddle" by Aerosmith. This song is legendary in the world of sports for its ability to get athletes ready to go. The 1976 hit was even used by the NFL in 2003 as the theme music to kick of the 2003 NFL season.
- "Here I go Again" by White Snake. "Here I go Again" is a great pump up song for individuals sports or events as the song serves as an anthem for those getting out there on their own. The intense instrumentals will raise your energy and the lyrics will get you focused.
- "We're Not Gonna Take It" by Twisted Sister. Add a little feistiness to your pump up mix with this rock song that serves as a protest to any obstacles in your way.