The ten best rock song lyrics vary in preference from rocker to rock artist. There is no way the ten best rock lyrics begins and ends with a list. Too many talented songwriters to be contained in the ten best rock song lyrics. But, rock and roll, no matter how wide the rock music spectrum falls, must bow to the lyric, which when fused with sound, makes rock music distinct unlike any other.
- "I am the Walrus." See how they run like pigs from a gun. The Beatles avante-garde lyrics of "I am the Walrus" from the famous “Magical Mystery Tour" album, has to be included in ten best rock song lyrics. “I am the Walrus kuku-ku-chu”, written by John Lennon, with alternate complex rhyme and rhythms offers a departure from the early singsong lyrics like “Hard Day’s Night.”
- "The Dirty Boulevard". The TV whores are calling the cops out for a suck. Sorry. Lou Reed cannot sing, but undoubtedly remains gifted poet. “The Dirty Boulevard”, an unapologetic look at abuse from a young latino boy’s perspective rocks its way into one of the ten best rock song lyrics. “Dirty Boulevard”, one of The ten best rock song lyrics appears on Reed’s “New York” album.
- "Purple Haze." 'Scuse me while I kiss the sky by Jimi Hendrix is fixed as one of The ten best rock song lyrics. Hendrix,before his tragic death, wrote numerous songs that qualify as one of the ten best rock song lyrics. “The Wind Cried Mary” is hauntingly beautiful. "Purple Haze" lyrics are deceptively simple, but who can ignore the poetics of “kiss the sky?”
- "Big Yellow Taxi." They paved paradise. Joni Mitchell’s “Big Yellow Taxi”, establishing itself as one of the ten best rock song lyrics, preceded the green movement decades earlier with its ecology conscious message, and simultaneous break up woes via a big yellow taxi. Janet Jackson later sampled “Big Yellow Taxi”, and reportedly Joni was pleased. The universality of “You don’t know what you got till it’s gone,” makes it popular as one of the ten best rock song lyrics.
- "Brown Sugar". I’m no school boy but I know what I like. Bluesy-rock from the Rolling Stones “Sticky Fingers” album, this is one of the ten best rock song lyrics. Mick Jagger claims complete writing credit of the song’s taboo subject matter.
- "Go Ask Alice." Feed your head. Terse language fused with psychedelic imagery of acid-tripping marks “Go ask Alice” as one of the ten best rock song lyrics. Before they evolved to Jefferson Starship because of legal wrangling over the original name, the Jefferson Airplane’s lead vocalist Grace Slick, belts out the lyrics illustrating the starkness of drug addiction.
- "Crazy on you". I was a willow last night in a dream. Female rock duo Heart, comprised of sisters Ann and Nancy Wilson, makes “Crazy on You,” one of the ten best rock song lyrics. Heart boasts an arsenal of rock songs of which any could be listed in the ten best rock song lyrics.
- "Layla". You got me on my knees. A classic Eric Clapton song depicting a real life scenario with himself and then George Harrison’s wife marks itself as one of the ten best rock song lyrics. It’s impossible to separate lyric from Clapton’s inspired guitar playing. With the original version, you can feel the guitar crying through the speakers, so what was he thinking with a re-make? He’s got me on my knees. Don’t listen to it. You’ll be sorry.
- "Suffragette City". This mellow thighed chick just put my spine out of place. This classic Bowie song deserves a place as one of the ten best rock song lyrics. David Bowie is genius. Any song he’s ever written, is currently writing or even thinking about writing deserves a place as one of the ten best rock song lyrics.
- "Walk Away". If you don’t have the answer. Written by American Idol Kelly Clarkson, this song is one of the ten best rock song lyrics. "Walk Away", featured on her second album “Breakaway” makes it an easy choice to be one of the ten best rock song lyrics.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.