The 10 best rock songs of ’09 are great songs to listen to at any time of the day. If you like rock music, 2009 was a year where many artists had hit songs. Listen to these rock songs of ’09 to see for yourself why they were so popular.
- “Use Somebody” by Kings of Leon Billboard put this song in first place on the year end Hot Rock Songs list of 2009. If you are a Kings of Leon fan, you already have this song on your playlist. The lyrics are great and "Use Somebody" refers to the process of looking for a girlfriend.
- “Know Your Enemy” by Green Day This song is great to listen to and was one of the best rock songs of ’09. It was tenth on the Billboard Hot Rock Songs list. During the NCAA men’s basketball finals, this song was the music played for the pre-game highlights for Michigan State and North Carolina. It is a typical, catchy Green Day song that is great to sing along to.
- “Second Chance” by Shinedown Billboard had this song as the second best song on the Hot Rock Songs of 2009. Put it on your playlist if you like good rock music. The lyrics refer to the lead singer leaving home to chase his dreams of rock stardom.
- “The Fixer” by Pearl Jam Billboard has this song in sixteenth place on the Hot Rock Songs list for 2009. Frontman Eddie Vedder says the lyrics refer to relationships in general and are not necessarily autobiographical.
- “New Divide” by Linkin Park The song is third on the Hot Rock Songs list Billboard put out at the end of 2009. It is one of the best Linkin Park songs to have on your playlist. The song was featured in the hit movie "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen," which is one of the main reasons it received such heavy air play.
- “Cyanide” by Metallica Metallica rarely disappoints their fans. This song is only number 28 on Billboard’s list, but should be much higher. Referring to suicide in the lyrics, the song is definitely controversial, but Metallica manages to pull it off as usual. The group simply can do no wrong with fans.
- “Burn It to the Ground” by Nickelback This hit song is number 27 on Billboard’s Hot Rock Songs of 2009. If you like Nickelback, this is just another hit in a long list of hits from the group. The music is great and the lyrics talk about drinking everything in sight, making it a popular with listeners who like partying.
- “Check My Brain” by Alice in Chains Another great song from 2009 this was eighteenth song on Billboard’s list. Listen to it yourself to find out why it is one of the best songs of '09. Band member Jerry Cantrell stated that he wrote this song about moving away from his home back in 2003.
- “Love Hurts” by Incubus It is number eleven on Billboard’s year end Hot Rock Songs list. Incubus is a great band to listen to any time of day. The song talks about love and how you can’t survive without it.
- “Do What You Do” by Mudvayne Put this song on your playlist if you are a rock music fan. It was twelfth on Billboard’s list of 2009 Hot Rock Songs. This hit song deals with the end of a relationship that has gone bad.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Meet Madeline Brewer, Netflix Princess
The Orange is the New Black and Hemlock Grove beauty discusses fitness and dating.
The 5 Types of Beer You Should Know
Get familiar with these basics, and you'll be ready to rule the craft-beer universe.