The 10 best rock songs of 2000 were all commercially popular, and ruled the mainstream airwaves. Rock bands with male lead singers dominate the list, but female singers, and male solo singers also provided some of the best rock songs of 2000. Love, lose, heartache, suicide, and new births are topics covered in the 10 best rock songs of 2000.
- "With Arms Wide Open" by Creed. Scott Stapp wrote this song after finding out he was going to be a father. One of the 10 best rock songs of 2000 because so many people can relate to the emotions of finding out you are going to be a parent. At the 43rd Grammy Awards it won Best Rock Song.
- "Beautiful Day" by U2. This rock song is off the album "All That You Can't Leave Behind" and was inspired by Bono's experience with a benefit urging politicians to drop the Third World Debt. One of the best rock songs of 2000 because it was an international hit that won three Grammy's, Song Of The Year, Record Of The Year, and Best Rock Performance By Duo Or Group.
- "Kryptonite" by 3 Doors Down. Released in 2000, this rock song was written by singer Brad Arnold when he was 15. Brad said in an interview it was only the 3rd or 4th song he'd written, and it was done in math class. One of the 10 best rock songs of 2000 because of its mainstream popularity and nomination for Best Rock Song at the 43rd Grammy Awards.
- "Last Resort" by Papa Roach. This rock song was released in 2000, and is about suicide. The lyrics are from the perspective of someone feeling frustrated and confused about their life. One of the 10 best rock songs of 2000 because it was Papa Roach's first hit that launched them into popularity.
- "It's My Life" by Bon Jovi. One of the best rock songs of 2000 because it was one of the most successful Bon Jovi singles internationally by reaching #1 in many countries, including Austria, Belgium, Italy and Switzerland. This 2000 rock song was Bon Jovi's first release by the entire band since 1995. It is a fun rock song with a catchy tune, and catchy hook.
- "There Goes the Neighborhood" by Sheryl Crow. This rock song is the second single off "Globe Sessions". At the 43rd Grammy Awards it won Best Female Rock Vocal Performance. The 2000 rock song is a gritty take on drugs, skinny models effects on kids, and other things that bring a neighborhood down.
- "In The End" by Linkin Park. Released in 2000, this rock song was the third single off their debut album "Hybrid Theory". The lyrics are based on lead singer Chester Bennington struggles being picked on while growing up. This 2000 rock song reached #2 on Billboard Mainstream Chart.
- "Again" by Lenny Kravitz. One of the 10 best rock songs of 2000 because it was the only new song from his "Greatest Hits" album, which became the best selling album of Lenny's career. This 2000 rock song has a great guitar solo, which brings the song to another level. "Again" won a Grammy for Best Male Rock Vocal Performance.
- "Glitter in Their Eyes" by Patti Smith. This rock song was written by Patti Smith and Oliver Ray. Lead singer of R.E.M. Michael Stipe, provided the backing vocals. A Grammy nominated song that is a warning that people will take advantage of you if you're too trusting.
- "Learn to Fly" by Foo Fighters. Released off their album "There Is Nothing Left To Lose," it's about searching for inspiration and things that will make you feel alive. David Grohl said in an interview it was one of his least favorite songs on the record, but it became popular on mainstream radio. At the 43rd Grammy Awards it was nominated for Best Rock Performance by a Duo or Group With Vocal.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …