10 Best Rock Songs Of 2008
These 10 best rock songs of 2008 topped many charts across the United States. Some were even winners or runners-up on the American Music Awards. These songs have meanings behind the lyrics that most people can relate to at one point in their lives. Drug addictions, crazy girlfriends and love gone bad are just some of the topics covered in these best rock songs of 2008.
- Puddle of Mud “Psycho” This is a song about an obsessed stalker. Her obsession almost has him thinking that he is the psycho, but then he realizes better.
- Disturbed “Inside the Fire” This song is about a girl dying and the guy knows the only way to be with her again is to die to be with her. Many blogs have said this is a true song about one of the band member's ex-girlfriends, but this is unconfirmed with any definite proof of the rumors.
- Saving Abel “Addicted” A song about a couple who was in love but had fallen out of love--there was nothing left but hate and sex. They try using sex to find their love again.
- Seether “Fake It” This is a song about hypocrites--people who want to be more than they are and make up lies to be someone their not. The song calls these people out and tells them no matter what they do, they are still the same people.
- Sixx:A.M. “Life is Beautiful” This song tells you that you should live life to the fullest and sometimes you have to hit rock bottom in order to do so. Hitting rock bottom means the only way to go is up. Once you have been there, you will enjoy things so much more.
- Kid Rock “All Summer Long” A song that looks back and makes you remember the days when you were young. A time when you were carefree before the hustle and bustle of adulthood.
- Coldplay “Fix You” This song is about someone settling for second best. Although he tries hard to do things right, nothing is ever good enough.
- Metallica “The Day That Never Comes” This song seems to be about an abusive relationship. Perhaps not about personal relations, but the relationship between countries.
- Daughtry “Feels Like Tonight” Another song about lying in a relationship. It seems this guy has lied throughout all his relationships and to the girl he is currently dating. But he likes this girl and wants to make things right by telling her the truth.
- AC/DC “Rock 'N Roll Train” This is a fantastic song by a group that has been rocking the stage for nearly four decades. It made its way onto the ten best rock songs of 2008 because its great lyrics and music.